TTC - 10 months & having HSG + IUI

Yeahhhh!!! I got a call today with a scheduled appointment for the HSG test!!!! I'm super happy!!! The only problem is that it's on oct 7th that will be cd 21?!?!? I hope they don't turn me away for it because of the day. I'm thinking that we just don't try naturally this month to be on the safe side.

They left a message so I wasn't able to ask questions?!?!? I know if I try calling back they won't answer! They have a recorder!!!

What should I do?!?!??!?!

Your not allowed to try that month anyway or they will refuse to do the HSG O:)

Yeah give them a ring if you have some questions.

:kiss:

Did anyone get twinges for the few days after. . ?
I know it was only yesterday but I've definatley got more feelings in my tubes than normaly, how weird to be able to feel my tubes! :dohh: :haha:

:flower: x x x x

I had the odd twinge for a day or so after. It's a little odd isn't it! :haha:

Well I had thought that HSG had to be scheduled from cd5-12 and so I was a little hopefull that maybe we could try after HSG and maybe get lucky and concieve naturally but I guess that's not going to be the case but I'm ok. I'd rather it be on cd21 and go ahead and schedule IUI for next month and get it all ready! Fx that HSG comes out good and that we get lucky when we do have IUI!!!! I'm hopeful!!!!!!

How long did it take from the time you had HSG to schedule IUI or IVF? Is it something they do quickly or do they give some time inbetween?

Do you know of anyone who DH had Low motility and got pregnant with IUI?

Thanks ladies for the support!!!!

Personally I've decided to wait for three cycles between the HSG and IUI. I want to see if we get lucky with the increased changes an HSG gives you. Our doc would have scheduled us for an IUI the month after if we had wanted. One of my issues was a narrow cervix too so having that dilated also increases our chances. We are paying for everything out of pocket so it also gives us some time to save up for IUI.

I've read that couples with low motility have higher success rates with IUI than couples with unexplained infertility. This seems weird to me! But I'll take it : )

I've read that couples with low motility have higher success rates with IUI than couples with unexplained infertility. This seems weird to me! But I'll take it : )

I guess it is since IUI will use "washed" sperm which pick out all the good ones. If you have male factor rather than unexplained then this may be all that was needed. Im really hoping that that is the case for both of us!!!:happydance:
love fluffy x

I hope so too!!! But I think I'm going straight to IUI! I don't think I could take seeing AF come again!!! My insurance doesn't cover either but thankfully it's not to bad and they have it to where if you pay ahead you get a discount.

I was just talking to a friend of mine who told me that after her HSG test she got pre. She had unexplained infertility. Then she got preg with twins less than a year later!

Gives me hope :)

I just had an HSG last Monday (CD 7) and it didn't hurt the first day, but my back was sore a few days later. My doctor let us know that we have unexplained infertility. She wasted no time telling me about IUI. It was a bit overwhelming. A few hours after leaving her office I had people calling me for the medicine (I have to self-inject), setting up appointments and what not. I am REALLY hoping and praying that I can get pregnant naturally before my IUI. I am praying that the HSG (BTW it did take the nurse a few tries to get the dye to go thru my tubes so I'm convinced they were blocked) will do the trick and I can get knocked up soon LOL If not, I will deal with it. I feel better knowing I have a back up plan if AF rears her ugly head.

Hi ladies,

Just to update you, I had my HyCoSy at the end of September- all was clear. In our follow up appointment we were told we are technically "unexplained". My husbands SA results were a bit low on morph and motility, but fall within the "normal" limits that they use.
We are now taking a wait and see approach. Basically our FS said that with unexplained infertility there is no difference in results between taking clomid, doing IUI and trying on your own. He quoted this study:

https://www.nhs.uk/news/2008/08August/Pages/Dofertilitytreatmentswork.aspx
https://www.bmj.com/content/337/bmj.a716.full

We'll review this in the spring, but as we're now unexplained, we wouldn't be able have NHS funding until we have been trying for 3 years (if under 35) So at this stage we'd have to pay for IUI, clomid or IVF. Personally, I want to give us a bit more time to see if we can get pregnant on our own. I'm going to try acupuncture and see if that helps.

Good luck ladies, which ever course you decide upon.

Hi tomo, do you mind of asking what your hubby's morphology was? I think our fs was using the old who guidelines rather than the new ones which say 4% is normal x

Good luck Tomo and MiBebe - I think acupuncture is really good for people with unexplained issues. There aren't any physical barriers to overcome so a holistic approach can really help in that case. Wishing you all the best!

Good luck Tomo and MiBebe - I think acupuncture is really good for people with unexplained issues. There aren't any physical barriers to overcome so a holistic approach can really help in that case. Wishing you all the best!

Thank you Jaimie!

I might give acupuncture a try if IUI doesn't work, but I'm praying I don't have to wait that long. My doctor recommends 3 rounds of IUI and if that doesn't work, then its off to IVF. My DH and I will have to agree on the IVF, he's not too keen on the idea.

Hi tomo, do you mind of asking what your hubby's morphology was? I think our fs was using the old who guidelines rather than the new ones which say 4% is normal x

Yep, my husbands morph was 4% (molitity 46% and count 72 million per ml). Our hospital uses the new WHO guidelines, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing now as although it's considered "normal" we'll have to wait longer for free treatment.

Thats really similar to ours! Its weird how the whole medical profession can alter whether we get treated sooner or later depending on how up to date they are with guideline numbers. When we first got 8% morph, we were told to repeat and ended up having to do 3 before being sent to a FS.

Do you think that now you know there arent any issues things might happen? Or would you consider trying the prIvate route? Thats what we were considering if there were long waiting times in our area xxx

I guess it's just a case that each PCT has different criteria that they use. I suppose in the end it saves them money, because they have less strict parameters as to what they classify as "normal" sperm levels, they don't have to refer as many couples for treatment. I'm sure a lot of people with fall pregnant naturally with their waiting times, so in a way it does make sense.

As for going private, we've decided to give it another 6 months of trying naturally, before we look into IVF. If IUI had better results, then we may go down that route sooner, but I'm not convinced it would be any better than trying on our own, with the continued lifestyle changes, no coffee, less booze, eating well, supplements etc.

So we'll see...

That sounds like a good plan. Im really making an effort with the diet and less alcohol. Also drinking a lot more water so fingers crossed it all helps xxx

I am going for my HSG on tuesday 10/26/10 so we will see what happens. 16 months TTC......

Good luck!!!! Wish everything to go well!!! It's pretty quick & not bad at all!!!

Keep us posted!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->