TTC #2 after 18 months of trying

Anaana1

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to this, but thought I would try it out as I have been trying to get pregnant for approximately 18 months now. We have a 3 year old right now and I got pregnant with him in the first month.
I am 35 years old.
All of my medical results have come back normal. All of my hormone levels are normal and the doctor said there is no reason you should not be getting pregnant. My husband is also fine and all tests good for him as well.
I am in the two week waiting period right now and I am approx 7 DPO and my breast have been sore since the day after ovulation (they always are) so I am a bit discouraged. I don't know if you can have PMS symptoms and then once implantation occurs for them to go away or intensify.
With our first child, we were not paying attention at all and it was a complete surprise to us.
If anyone could shed some light on the dreaded two week wait and PMS symptoms vs pregnancy symptoms it would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi read your post and thought I'd written it!!!!!!!! Also trying ttc:2 my dd is 3 been trying just over 2 yrs

Hi Dylis, nice to hear from you. My husband and I just keep thinking we must be doing something wrong :) ha ha! All we can do is to keep trying I guess.

we keep trying too, my oh's answer is more sex....I'm 3dpo so fingers crossed. I've not tried any supplements apart from pregnacare yet. as for symptoms I think my af and preg symptoms are about the same

The last dr we just saw this month told us to try waiting to have sex until the day before we think I am going to ovulate (which I know because we have been using OPK's so when the line starts to show I know that the surge is close) so that there is a build up of sperm. Each dr says something different.
I wish I could just stop thinking about it and if it happens it happens and if it doesn't it doesn't, but it is easier to say it then to actually do it. It is always there in the back of my brain.

Hello,

I am 35 years old and 25 weeks pregnant. I got pregnant pretty much straight away which was a shock as I thought due to being older we may have to try and a year or so.

I would try not to worry (easier said that done). You have been pregnant before and so everything is obviously working OK.

I think it is just one of those things. It isn't actually that easy to get pregnant, even with the ovulation kits etc. as you only have that 12 hour window each month. Plus your cycle will probably change slightly depending on how you are feel i.e. if you are stressed, or overworked generally etc.

I am sure it will happen soon. It is amazing how many stories I read of people getting pregnant when 'they were not really trying'. It's like sods law. It gets you when you least expect it. Maybe this is because you are generally more relaxed.

The two week wait is a nightmare and it is so easy to mis-read signals and get your hopes up. It is just a case of trying to take your mind off it and see what happens, otherwise you may end up upsetting yourself.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I am sure it will happen again soon.

Thank you very much for the encouragement and Congratulations!!!!
My first pregnancy was a total shock, we were not paying attention, and just having a lot of fun. I am going to attempt to go back to that mental state. ha ha! Like you said, easier said then done. Good luck with your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->