Ttc #2 and want someone to drive crazy with ttc talk other than OH!!

cj28

Mum of 1 and ttc#2
Reaction score
Hi

I'm 31 and ttc #2. We already have a daughter who will be 2 in July. It took over a year to conceive her so I may be here for a while and would like people to pass the time with and as the title says chat about all things baby and ttc!

Anyone welcome!

I'll be your buddy! You can check out my story in my ttc journal!

Hey ladies - thanks for the replies.

Jessica28 - sorry for your loss. I hope it doesn't take you long to fall pregnant again. I can see from your chart we are close together in terms of our cycles - its CD7 for me today. How do you find charting? I did it with #1 as my cycles were long and unpredictable but I'm hoping to hold off a bit and see if the relaxed approach works this time!

bbygurl719 - your daughter looks very cute! I like her name too - very pretty. Congratulations on your marriage too! So how do you think you've done this cycle - are you feeling hopeful?

Hey dizzyblue - how long have you been ttc? This is my first cycle for #2 so can't wait to get going!

Hey ladies - thanks for the replies.

Jessica28 - sorry for your loss. I hope it doesn't take you long to fall pregnant again. I can see from your chart we are close together in terms of our cycles - its CD7 for me today. How do you find charting? I did it with #1 as my cycles were long and unpredictable but I'm hoping to hold off a bit and see if the relaxed approach works this time!

bbygurl719 - your daughter looks very cute! I like her name too - very pretty. Congratulations on your marriage too! So how do you think you've done this cycle - are you feeling hopeful?

I don't find charting too bad - though I admit that if I couldn't plug in the number and such on FF, i'd never be able to do it. lol TTC makes me feels so stupid at times! How long are your cycles usually?? Mine were a little weird after my m/c but they seem to be getting back on track again now.First was 36 days, then 32 and finally 28 days which is what I was before my m/c. I didn't O last cycle until CD 17 according to FF but I was using digital opks and I never got a surge so I cannot be 100% sure if I O'ed or not. I really hope to be pregnant before my would have been due date.

thank you for both my daughter and marriage.. i dunno were actually NTNP so if it happens it happens

My cycles are generally 28-30 days with the odd 24 day short cycle thrown in. When I came off the pill to ttc#1 my cycles were all over the place - my longest was about 90 days - and it was horrible as I had no idea when I was ovulating etc. Spent a fortune on ov tests and ended up charting just so I had some idea what was going on with my body. I didn't go back on the pill as I didn't want the same to happen again and thankfully my cycles have settled into a pretty regular pattern.

bbygurl - you seem pretty laid back about ttc which is nice. I'm hoping not to get as crazy about it all as I did first time round but I'm already thinking about it way too much!

Jessica - I can understand you wanting to be pregnant before your would have been due date and I'm sure you will be! I'd like to fall quickly as I really don't want a big age gap but at the same time I had to leave it til now for financial reasons. As 2 in childcare is going to eat up most of my wages so need it to be for a short a time as possible. Its crap having to plan babies around boring finances but I know it makes sense.

So what do you guys do workwise? I work 3 days a week as a manager in a social care setting. It can be stressful but at least I'm part time so get to spend 4 lovely dats with my daughter.

yes im pretty laid back about it. was w/ my dauhter too. but back han i didnt know about all the stuff w/ TTC just got dissapponted whenaf showed up. it too 8 months and the moth i gt preggo was when i said i give up lol. n bam i happened

My cycles are generally 28-30 days with the odd 24 day short cycle thrown in. When I came off the pill to ttc#1 my cycles were all over the place - my longest was about 90 days - and it was horrible as I had no idea when I was ovulating etc. Spent a fortune on ov tests and ended up charting just so I had some idea what was going on with my body. I didn't go back on the pill as I didn't want the same to happen again and thankfully my cycles have settled into a pretty regular pattern.

Jessica - I can understand you wanting to be pregnant before your would have been due date and I'm sure you will be! I'd like to fall quickly as I really don't want a big age gap but at the same time I had to leave it til now for financial reasons. As 2 in childcare is going to eat up most of my wages so need it to be for a short a time as possible. Its crap having to plan babies around boring finances but I know it makes sense.

So what do you guys do workwise? I work 3 days a week as a manager in a social care setting. It can be stressful but at least I'm part time so get to spend 4 lovely dats with my daughter.

I don't plan on going back on the pill either. I was on it for about 5 years. I was lucky to fall pregnant almost immediately after going off but it ended in m/c unfortunately. I got what I thought was my AF but it had to be implantation bleeding as it only lasted not even a day. I waited wellover a month before testing because I missed a period in May because I was so stressed out over my Aunts death...so my Grandmother was just after dying and I thought it was stress delaying my AF again.

Workwise, I am a teacher. I teach Junior/Senior high in my hometown....a very small, rural place. I teach 10 students a number of different course. A k-12 school with a grand total of 19 students! We are very isolated...out motto is "Isolated and loving it!" I am off on Easter break now until the 16th... Once I get back I will be only 3 or 4 days from O so the wait won't seem as long this time.

We were not trying not preventing for over 2 years. Started basic cycle charting i November of last year. Pregnant in February-miscarriage in march.

Going all out TTC-ing now.
Ovacue
temps on fertilityfriend
fertility cocktail
OPK's
I have a crazy case of baby fever!!!!

Hey ladies

Dizzyblue - I don't blame you for having all out baby fever as you've been trying a while and it can get all consuming! What is ovacue? I've never heard of it before.

I did OPK's a couple of cycles but found them quite hard to read - I really liked charting my temp though as it seemed much more definite and I knew where I was. I also didn't end up testing all the time as if on 13 or 14dpo my temp dropped I knew I was out.

I am trying not to get straight into all that again this time - but I'm quite impatient so may have changed my mind in a few cycles time!

Jessica - I hope you're enjoying your easter break. My mum always said I should be a teacher for the good holidays but I don't have the patience!

How do all your OH's feel about ttc? Are they it'll happen when it happens types like mine or are they with you on the full blown baby fever?

The Ovacue is a device that measures your electrolytes.
You buy it with a mouth sensor and can also get a vaginal sensor. I have both. It pin points ovulation I think 7 days ahead of time and also confirms that you ovulated :)

I paid 222.00 used for mine ( the new model with color screen) and then paid 10 bucks to have it medically sterilized with medical grade chemicals.

I felt that this was a lot to pay. However not approved by the FDA for prevention it is commonly used for that. And I plan on using it to help me conceive and then for family planning. It really was the cheapest thing to do. No sticks or anything to buy just 1 purchase and years of family planning.

Fun Fact. In animals they have used a monitor based on the same principals as this one and it determined gender in the animal pregnancies at 106 out of 110 correctly. I'm gonna look at other peoples charts and see it there is a correlation between chart numbers and gender. They haven't really done a study on the Ovacue to see if it will. I assume its because people quit using it whilst in their pregnancy so the only data would be data from their 2WW not into the pregnancy in most cases :)

Wow - that sounds like a good piece of kit. I've never heard of anything like that in the UK and it sounds like a good option for family planning. I know lots of women in the UK use CBFM for a similar thing but they do need sticks buying to go with them.

Its a pretty nice piece of equipment. I like it a lot so far.

Hi everyone I'm ttc as well this is my 1st proper month of trying number 2! Very excited, lovely to chat to people trying as well at the same time! x

Hi foxie

It is exciting isn't it - I'm one day ahead of you and starting my first 2ww! I know realistically I won't conceive straightaway but there's always the bit of you that thinks it could happen!
Are you doing anything to track your fertility or are you just going with the flow? I'm trying to go with a relaxed approach as I got quite obsessed when TTC my daughter.

Hi foxie

It is exciting isn't it - I'm one day ahead of you and starting my first 2ww! I know realistically I won't conceive straightaway but there's always the bit of you that thinks it could happen!
Are you doing anything to track your fertility or are you just going with the flow? I'm trying to go with a relaxed approach as I got quite obsessed when TTC my daughter.

Ok have officially started my tww today! Eeek very excited! Not doing anything to monitor it have just gone online and done the ovulation calender to see when I ovulate and have noticed yesterday & today had a lot of cm (sorry if TMI). We dtd on 12th and 14th and not since due to hubby being away so now just sit back and relax....well poas loads really!! lol.

Trying to be chilled I fell fairly easily with my 1st but now we've decided it's time for another I want to be pregnant like yesterday! lol.

Yes I know chances are not great at 1st try but yes a part of me thinks that it will happen 1st time but what will be will be. It's great to see so many people all trying at same time so we can all be in it together! x

I have promised myself I won't test unless AF doesn't show at normal time but not sure if I'll actually stick to it!

With my daughter I had implantation spotting and just knew I was pregnant somehow - tested at 10 dpo and it was positive. I'd had a chemical the cycle before so carried on testing every day to check the line was getting darker - I did 3 digi tests too so a little bit addicted!

Good luck to us all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->