TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

Fab to have you back, Sarah! Glad the move went smoothly. And that your tree is up!

So sorry to hear about the kids slee being rotten again. I'm sure they'll settle soon. New surroundings are bound to unsettle them. I bet come January, they'll be sleeping like little angels again.

Leo is being a total pest on a night of it's any consolation. He's waking up in the middle of the night & refusing to go back to sleep for over an hour :( On Saturday it was 2.5 hours. Argh!! No idea what's wrong. I'm wondering if it's his teeth again but who knows :shrug: Hope he stops it soon!

Me & the boys all have matching coughs & colds. I'm on day 6 of mine & no sign of it going :( I know I need rest to shift it but that's not going to happen so I'll keep dosing myself up & get on with it :(

Rex had his school christmas show last week. It was fab! He knew every single one of the words & smiled his head off. Was very proud! :cloud9: He's bouncing off the walls with excitement for Christmas :dohh: Don't know if I can take another 16 days of it :wacko:

Leo is trying to crawl. Nooooo!! He can kick off with his legs & commando crawl but I've caught him a few times up on all 4s, rocking. Stay still for a bit longer please!! He gets so frustrated though that I hope he does move soonish really. He can also pull himself up to standing now with the right leverage. The handles in the bath & the bars on his cot are perfect so he does it at evey opportunity in those places. He tries on his toy boxes but they're not high enough so he only manages to get on his knees.

Oh Wesley has been doing the same thing, waking in the night and not going back to sleep for an hour or two. I wonder if they have a wonder week about now?? I couldn't tell you how many weeks old they are now, I lost count at about 4 months :haha:

It was Olivia's preschool Christmas concert today. It was so bloody cute! :) she was wearing a princess dress and singing "do you wanna build a snowman" from frozen while holding hands with her best friend. :)

Lol at Rex's excitement for Christmas, bless him! Olivia isn't too bad, but she's doing my head in with her chocolate advent calendar. One chocolate a day just isn't enough apparently. I don't think I'll get her one next year as its just been a tantrum-catalyst so far :wacko:

I can't believe Leo is nearly crawling and pulling himself up already - well done little man! :) Wesley STILL stays where I put him :rofl: he sits up nicely now but if something is out of reach he topples over trying to get it and then just lies there until someone rescues him :haha: he fell off the bed yesterday morning actually. I had sat him up with pillows all around him while I unpacked some boxes and somehow he'd managed to fall over sideways and the pillow slid off the bed, taking Wesley with it. He landed upside down, hitting the top of his head off the floor. It was awful, I watched it happen but couldn't stop it happening. Then afterwards it kept playing over and over in my head :( he was fine, cried for less than a minute then was back to normal, thankfully. Scary though.

I think they're about 32 weeks now? The HV said Leo was 30 weeks at his assessment a couple of weeks back. My WW app says there's 3 days til his next leap so maybe they've hit them early? That or teething or working on crawling or yet another bug. :wacko: It's a complete guessing game isn't it! Nightmare. Having said that, he was only awake for 45 mins last night so maybe whatever it is is bothering him less :shrug: I just hope they both start sleeping again soon for us both. I need to some sleep!

Aaaww don't worry about Wesley rolling off the bed. It happens to us all! DH let Leo fully roll off the bed the other week :( I heard the thud from downstairs too. Could've killed DH but then it could easily have been me so thought it best not to say too much :haha:

Olivia's play sounds super cute. Bless them!

We had major tantrums about the ascents calenders last year but he's been waaaaay better this year. They have a big fabric one that my mum fills for them & Rex even gives me Leo's treat every morning (most are just Organix cake nibble things so that's probably why though :haha: )

It doesn't surprise me that they're due another leap. Last night was awful. He woke at 11:30 and didn't go back to sleep until 2am! At one point I just took him downstairs and let him play with his toys for half an hour while I tried to doze on the sofa. In the end I put him in his cot and shut the door thinking I'd have to just let him cry and......silence. He went out like a light. Weird! He's just woken up for the first time tonight, I'm terrified he's going to do it again :cry:

Christmas has been saved in our house today as we've had a little visit from the money fairy! Because of us buying the house and me being on statutory maternity pay we couldn't afford to buy presents for the family or each other and had planned to just get presents for the kids and that's it. Well today I won £40 on a scratch card, DH got a £50 bonus for a job he did at work and we had a letter from the bank saying that our first mortgage payment is in fact due next month and not this month as we had thought. Very pleased! :happydance:

Their advent calendar sounds lovely! What a great idea putting in treats for Leo too. I take back what I said about Olivia yesterday, today she bit her chocolate in half and gave me half of it, bless her :)

Right, so far so good, Wesley has successfully gone back into his cot. :happydance: pray for me that he doesn't wake up again for at least a couple of hours........

Where does the time go?!! Can't believe I've not been on in a week! It's madness over here but I'm now completely & utterly done for Christmas so I'm looking forward to relaxing a little over this next week.

Leo has gone back to sleeping his usual for the past couple of nights. Sleeping til 4ish, downing a bottle & going back to sleep til my alarm goes off at 6.30. However Rex is back to 5.30 wake ups :wacko: I think it's excitement for christmas but I just wish he could mange til 6 at least :(

Leo is full on commando crawling now. And he's such a pest with it! He's obsessed with the christmas tree :wacko: Every opportunity he gets, he's straight over to it, rolls onto his back & treats it like a play mat :dohh: 3 years ago, Rex was the same age & an even faster commando crawler & he didn't ever bother with the tree! I'm now panicking that Leo might be harder work than Rex. I don't think I can cope with that!!!

Rex has his school christmas party this aft & then we've got our playgroup one tomorrow. He's going to be all partied out! Maybe he'll sleep a bit longer?? Yeah right!!!

How is Wesley doing sleep-wise now? Are you all unpacked in the house?

Hi saz, it has been a while hasn't it. We're all unpacked and settled now and ready for Christmas. It needs to hurry up and come now because I keep seeing more stuff I want to buy the kids and wasting more money lol

Oh god, please don't ask me about sleep! I absolutely despair with Wesley. He is officially the world's worst sleeper :cry: every night he is up an hour after he goes down and for the rest of the night he doesn't sleep much more than 2 hours at a time. A few nights ago he flukshly slept from 10pm till 5am which was absolutely incredible. I felt so refreshed the next day. He's never slept that long in all his life! Then the next night and every night since - right back to normal waking up 6-7 times a night :cry:

He's started biting me :( it started about 3 weeks ago and I thought last week we had cracked it as he only bit me twice all week but this week he's started up again. Today he bit me so hard he drew blood :( he's skating on thin ice now, another big bite and he'll be on formula faster than he can say "waaah"

That's so cute Leo is making his way over to the Christmas tree like its a play mat :haha: Wesley is desperate to get moving. This week he finally started rolling onto his tummy deliberately to reach things but then can't move forwards at all and ends up crying for someone to rescue him :haha:

Olivia is still afraid to sleep alone and we're still having to lie with her at night and DH is still having to sleep in her bed.

I give up. My kids are broken. Where can I get some new ones? :rofl:

Oh god, I haven't been on in forever!! As soon as the Christmas hols started, we were completely non-stop until after the new year. Although it was nice to all be together as a family for most of it, we did so much that I was excited to get back to normal on Monday!

Had to go buy more storage for toys after christmas :dohh: I swear, we need to live in a mansion! How did Wesley find christmas? Leo got a very unwanted pressy from the big guy :( He started with hand foot & mouth late on Christmas Eve :cry: I know it was that, although I never took him to the docs due the bank holidays then the weekend. My niece has had it & I know it came from a bloody woman at our play group who bought her twins with it to the Christmas party. Would you even think of doing that?! I know it wouldn't!! Grrrrr! Christmas Eve night, I had about 2 hours sleep :cry: Poor little man just couldn't settle at all, despite being dosed up on Calpol & Nurofen. I actually slept for those 2 hours in the nursing chair with him on my chest. Like the newborn days! Thankfully by Boxing Day, it was all white then healed up super quick from then on.

It was a pleasure to watch Rex open his Christmas presents :cloud9: He kept saying things like 'this is what I wanted'. Very cute, bless him! He's loved going back to school this week which I'm pleased about :)

Leo is a super speedy commando crawler now & just starting to cruise around a little bit in the past few days too. Where has my baby gone?! :cry: I think he's been trying to wave today as well. Cutey! Him & Rex seem to be loving each other more & more as Leo becomes able to do more. I really hope they'll be best of friends when they're a bit older :)

How's things on the sleep front, Sarah? Not brilliant here but Rex was a lot worse so I'm counting my blessings! Would have loved Leo to be STTN by the time I went back to work but that's not going to happen now :wacko: I coped with Rex so I'll manage!

I'm back to work 2 weeks today. I was looking forward to getting back into it but I've got the worst timetable with all the shite on it that no one else wants to teach so they next 6 months are going to be awful at work. I sent a curt email to my line manager & had a heated 45 min phone call with him but they won't change it despite me saying it was maternity discrimination. Will see how it goes & if it's as bad as I fear, I'll be getting signed off. I'm not letting it ruin the next 6 months with my boys. It's a job at the end of the day. I'm not going to let my mental health be affected by it.

What's new with everyone? Hope everyone's ok.

Hi saz, great to hear from you, i think we've all been super busy lately!

I know the feeling about needing extra storage! It seems like such a good idea buying all those presents then on Christmas morning you look around your living room and think "now what?" Lol

Wesley had a nice first Christmas, he got tons of presents from all the family, he enjoyed having lots of new things to play with but I think he enjoyed his Christmas dinner the best - by God that kid can eat, I think he has a hollow leg! Olivia was like a little Tasmanian devil on Christmas day, her presents were obliterated in minutes and then she started on everyone else's. It was Christmas present carnage :haha: that's so cute Rex was so appreciative of his presents :) Olivia was the opposite some expels of her comments:
"I don't want this baby, I want a boy baby, this one's a girl"
"Can we ask Santa to take this yellow bike back and bring me a blue one?"
"Play-doh??? I already got play-doh!"
In a really sarcastic voice - "pencils, wow"
"This wasn't on my Christmas list"
It was hysterical. She did, however play with everything and later when I asked her what was her favourite present she said everything

Poor Leo! I can't believe someone would take their sick kid to a Christmas party. That's exactly how me and my sister got chicken pox when we were kids, some stupid mum didn't want their disease-riddled kid to miss out on seeing Santa :(

I can't believe Leo is cruising, that's fantastic! Wesley finally learned to roll this week, he's just a little bit slow, bless him! He's so much less frustrated now he can roll about to get things and doesn't get stuck on his tummy anymore. He's starting to annoy Olivia getting her toys all the time I think :haha:

Touch wood, they are sleeping brilliantly at the moment :happydance: Olivia is no longer afraid of dragons, I did a gradual retreat from her at bed time and now, instead of lying in bed with her, she's allowed me to sit on the step outside her room while she goes to sleep. She's been staying in her bed all night (apart from a couple of nights ago when we had a little blip and got me up continually for 2.5 hours, but let's not talk about that!) Wesley is now getting a bottle of formula before bed and another bottle of formula which DH gives him when he gets up for his first feed at about 10pm. That seems to keep him going till about 3 or 4am then after a quick BF he goes back down till the morning. What a huge improvement! :D

I can't believe you're nearly back to work :( and how crap of your boss to give you all the shite jobs :( I hope you can get it sorted. I'm back on the 5th March, although I'm officially finished maternity leave on the 11th Jan, the rest is all leave that I saved up. I spoke to my boss today about applying to go part time, I'm hopefully going to drop the Wednesday and just work 4 days a week. It would be lovely to have a day off in the middle of the week and Wednesday is toddler group day so I'd still be able to take them to that and once Olivia starts school it will be lovely to have a day to myself with just Wesley, especially once he starts getting a bit bigger and wanting one on one time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->