TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

kylesmom

Reaction score
Hello All

I am officially starting the TTC journey.

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism about 8 weeks ago.
Just got my blood work back and all levels are good so now we can start trying!

Still need to lose a few pounds but working on that for a few weeks now as well.
Anyone want to join the wait?

:wave: Hi! I'm in exactly the same position as you. TTC no. 2 & CD1 today. Would love a buddy for the journey :)

I also need to lose a few lbs too :dohh: I'm still 10lb heavier than when I got pregnant with Rex. I've learnt my lesson & won't be eating for two next time!

How long did you TTC the first time? We were very lucky & got a BFP the first month but I'm expecting that this time with a toddler to run around after! No energy left for BD :haha:

Me too! Im cycle day 2 today and TTC number 2. My LO is around the same age, she has just turned 18 months :) Im also struggling with the thought of Bding every other day with a toddler, just have to see how we get on. I still have baby weight, I went on the implant straight after having DD, so struggled to lose it!

Are you both charting etc? x

:wave: Flower :)

No, I don't chart as such. Don't do temps etc. I just track AF on an app & monitor CM. I know I O CD17/18 cos I get a pain. Luckily my fertile time ties in with our holiday abroad so hoping I might feel more in the mood for BD! :haha:

Hi girls, can I join please? I'm cd3 today. TTC #2

My LO is about to turn 2 and I've only just finished losing the baby weight. I'm determined not to put it all back on again this pregnancy :haha:

Welcome everyone!

I am trying for a girl this time so I am going to try to BD earlier then O day.... if that makes sense :hehehehe:

The only thing I am doing are ovulation tests, no other charting etc.

Having a toddler run around as well as being pregnant worries me big time. Am I really ready for this? Will this be overwhelming? I'm excited and nervous all at once.

I still have about 20 lbs that I would LOVE to lose, but If I can try my hardest to at least lose 15 I will be OK, I only have 15 more to go to hit that goal. I think I can accomplish that within the next 2 months.

The first time trying we conceived in our third month of trying. How about you ladies?

So excited to share this journey with all of you :)

Hi everyone :)

Is anyone else feeling slightly guilty on LO? Or worried how they will react? I know Im being silly and having a brother or sister would be good for LO but I still worry that she will feel left out :( Struggling to enjoy it all, because shes in the back of my mind. Shes a big Mummys girl :) x

It worries me a little bit how I will cope running around after Olivia while pregnant. In fact I'm almost in two minds whether to wait till next month to try again because we go on holiday at the end of september and if I was to conceive this cycle I'd be 8 weeks along, super tired and possibly very sick trying to run around after a two year old in the heat.
But on the other hand I'm broody as hell and don't want to wait! :)

Last time around we conceived on the first try.

I also want a girl, I don't know why but I just can't imagine having a boy and have always pictured myself with 2 little girls. DH on the other hand would love a boy. Today he bought Olivia a full Aston villa football kit so I think he could probably do with having a boy! So either way we'll be happy but the one thing we agree on is that this time we're having a surprise :)

Flower, do any of your friends have babies you could introduce your LO to and see how she reacts?

:wave: Hi Sarah. Whereabouts in N Yorks are you? I'm from York originally. Miss it like crazy :( Moved here for work, intending to stay for a couple of years but ended up meeting my now DH & am stuck here now :( Only an hour away from my parents but becoming a mum made me want my mum round the corner.

I reeeeaaaalllly want a girl too :blush: But only doing the early BD like you. No other crazy schemes! My friend had no. 2 on Saturday & had a girl. Her eldest is a boy. That's made me realise just how much I want a girl :blush: But deep down I can't picture myself with a girl, just 2 boys so I'm expecting another boy! At least they can play rough with each other instead of me :haha:

We conceived first cycle last time but no way expecting that this time.

I don't feel guilty on Rex, no. I think he'll love a brother or sister! He's great with my friends' babies now. Kisses them & is gentle with them :cloud9: But maybe that's cos Rex is older than all your LOs? He'll be at least 3 by the time no. 2 appears so will understand much more & will be starting pre-school in Sept next year so he'll have something new to get his teeth into :)

What do you think you've all learnt from the first time round? A few things I'll be doing differently... Not letting anyone & everyone visit, not putting pressure on myself to be dressed with make up on (I'm living in my PJs!), swaddling early on if baby won't sleep & just chilling out a bit more!

Hi sazzle, I'm not far from york at all we live in Northallerton now but used to live at York when we were kids, we lived in Copmanthorpe. I also wish I had my mum nearby, she moved to Swansea a few years ago. We have MIL nearby but she has a lot of health problems so can't help out much.

Olivia will be in a similar boat to rex. She is just a couple of months younger. I think it will be good that she'll be able to hold a conversation before the baby comes so I can explain it to her. Plus hopefully she'll be potty trained by then so we won't have 2 in nappies.

There's a few things I'd like to do differently. Olivia was very high needs and I know there's not a lot I could have done about that but I could have made life a bit easier by having her in a sling, taking her out for walks when I really didn't feel like it etc so if this one's as hard work I hope to get on top of it sooner and try not to go running to them every time they so much as fart.

I'd also like to cloth bum this time but not sure DH is on board with that. ..

I grew up in Clifton Moor so not too far down the by-pass :) I also have MIL nearby but she spends most of her time with SIL & her 2 LOs so we don't really get a look in sadly :cry: Olivia will definitely be able to hold a conversation about new LO, I'm sure. Rex's speech has exploded since he turned 2 :) Have you got anything planned for her 2nd bday?

Yeah, think I'll be making more use of my sling/wrap this time round. I had a Moby for Rex cos he didn't really like to be out down in the early months but I'd only put him in it to get things done in the house. I think no. 2 might spend much more time in the wrap so I can run around after Rex!

Do you girls have a stash of pregnancy tests ready to go? I do :haha: I bought 20 ICs off eBay for like £3.50 :thumbup: I had a POAS addiction last time so no doubt that will be back with a vengeance! I'm going to try and not test til AF is due but I know I won't be able to resist! On the ICs last time, I only got a faint positive the day AF was due cos i only O on CD17/18 so it is pointless but I know I'll do it :haha:

I am a POAS addict! I have a few left over internet cheapies lying around somewhere LOL. I know this time I will be just as bad!
I'm on cycle day 3 and I'm getting so excited to try haha. Corny :)

Running after Kyle all day long is so exhausting and makes me wonder how on earth am I going to handle being pregnant and running around after him! But I'm not the first mommy to do it and I'm sure I won't be the last !

We found out the first time what the sex was and I am not finding out this time! I don't want to know. I figured if it's a boy we are set with EVERYTHING we need. I have an entire room of old toys and baby items (benefit of saving money if we have a boy) If we have a girl I at least know all my newborn clothes are (gender neutral and little) so I'm not to concerned. I will be broke if it is a girl though, the outfits are just SOOOOOOO CUTE!

Kyle was a winter baby so we wanted to start trying now so we can have a spring/summer baby :)

Anyone else not finding out the sex? I hope I can hold out on not finding out :)

I grew up in Clifton Moor so not too far down the by-pass :) I also have MIL nearby but she spends most of her time with SIL & her 2 LOs so we don't really get a look in sadly :cry: Olivia will definitely be able to hold a conversation about new LO, I'm sure. Rex's speech has exploded since he turned 2 :) Have you got anything planned for her 2nd bday?

Yeah, think I'll be making more use of my sling/wrap this time round. I had a Moby for Rex cos he didn't really like to be out down in the early months but I'd only put him in it to get things done in the house. I think no. 2 might spend much more time in the wrap so I can run around after Rex!

Do you girls have a stash of pregnancy tests ready to go? I do :haha: I bought 20 ICs off eBay for like £3.50 :thumbup: I had a POAS addiction last time so no doubt that will be back with a vengeance! I'm going to try and not test til AF is due but I know I won't be able to resist! On the ICs last time, I only got a faint positive the day AF was due cos i only O on CD17/18 so it is pointless but I know I'll do it :haha:

No big plans for livvy's second birthday. She's getting some nice presents, we're buying her a kitchen, MIL has got her a play house and my mum has got her a baby in a pushchair :) then we'll just have the family over for tea.oh and of course we'll be making a cake! We're going to make her a bunny rabbit cake. It's also my 30th 2 days before Olivia's birthday so we'll probably combine the two.

I deffo think I'll get plenty of use out of my wrap, I'm even toying with the idea of not getting a double buggy and instead push Olivia in the stroller with baby in the wrap.

I have a little stash of hpts but need more! :)

I am a POAS addict! I have a few left over internet cheapies lying around somewhere LOL. I know this time I will be just as bad!
I'm on cycle day 3 and I'm getting so excited to try haha. Corny :)

Running after Kyle all day long is so exhausting and makes me wonder how on earth am I going to handle being pregnant and running around after him! But I'm not the first mommy to do it and I'm sure I won't be the last !

We found out the first time what the sex was and I am not finding out this time! I don't want to know. I figured if it's a boy we are set with EVERYTHING we need. I have an entire room of old toys and baby items (benefit of saving money if we have a boy) If we have a girl I at least know all my newborn clothes are (gender neutral and little) so I'm not to concerned. I will be broke if it is a girl though, the outfits are just SOOOOOOO CUTE!

Kyle was a winter baby so we wanted to start trying now so we can have a spring/summer baby :)

Anyone else not finding out the sex? I hope I can hold out on not finding out :)

We're definitely having a surprise this time too. Not that I regret finding out the sex last time, I just want to experience it the other way next time :)

Sounds nice! Happy (early) birthday to the both of you!

I have already started to plan our 2nd bday (months away) but want to be prepared.

I think it is going to be a minion theme :) He loves Minions so I am going to try my hardest to make the cake even though cooking/baking are NOT my strong points. lol

I think I will be carrying baby #2 around in the moby wrap all the time. With running around with #1 I feel I will miss out on the closeness time I had with him second time around so I will do the wrap.

My goal this time around is to breast feed. Kyle would only go for a week :( it was so heart breaking that I just couldn't get him to latch right. I am determined to make it work 2nd time!

Sarah - birthday plans sound lovely :) I turned 30 at the beginning of May. Hated the thought of it but it's not all that bad!

We had a surprise with Rex's gender. Although I was utterly convinced he was a boy & was right :haha: I'd like to find out this time for getting organised - should I wash all Rex's clothes etc. or sell them & buy pink! However DH doesn't want to find out so idk. I'd quite like us to find out but not tell anyone that we've found out :)

Rex was a spring baby & it was lovely getting out & about with the pram nearly every day.

We had a soft play party for Rex's 2nd bday. We did his 1st bday at home & it was a lot of work with working so I went for the easy option this time :thumbup:

I BF Rex for 6 months. It was a LOT harder than I ever thought it would be. I'll do it again next time but think I'll find it easier this time cos I know 6 months fly by even though it sounds a long time.

Olivia LOVES minions too she copies the noises they make all the time! We considered having a minion theme but she is so fickle that the chances are she'll be bored of despicable me by next week :dohh:

I struggled with BF too. My supply was good and livvy latched fine but her colic and cmpi combined with some terrible HV advice caused my supply to diminish to practically nothing by the time she was 5/6 months and she had to be put on special cmpi formula. I was in a really bad place emotionally with it and being desperate to carry on bf after i'd been told not to, I ended up bf in secret at night and telling my HV and family I was exclusively ff, don't we do some strange things when we're full of hormones?! That was when I realised I'd hit rock bottom :haha:

So this time I'm taking a much more relaxed approach. Of I can bf, great. If not i will not let myself get hung up on it.

Olivia LOVES minions too she copies the noises they make all the time! We considered having a minion theme but she is so fickle that the chances are she'll be bored of despicable me by next week :dohh:

I struggled with BF too. My supply was good and livvy latched fine but her colic and cmpi combined with some terrible HV advice caused my supply to diminish to practically nothing by the time she was 5/6 months and she had to be put on special cmpi formula. I was in a really bad place emotionally with it and being desperate to carry on bf after i'd been told not to, I ended up bf in secret at night and telling my HV and family I was exclusively ff, don't we do some strange things when we're full of hormones?! That was when I realised I'd hit rock bottom :haha:

So this time I'm taking a much more relaxed approach. Of I can bf, great. If not i will not let myself get hung up on it.

I am so sorry you struggled too. I know EXACTLY what you mean when hiding it lol. I was so upset and crying ALL the time when it didn't work out, I remember getting out of the shower folding laundry while some dripped out (TMI) and was like OMG I should start pumping (was trying to wrap them at the time) So I started to pump and then said crap this won't work, got all depressed again LOL. I ended up getting mastitis in one of my breasts. OMG was that so painful!

I am going to try my hardest to be calm about bf this time but like you if It doesn't work, it doesn't work. No harm in either way. Plus with #1 the hospital supplemented at night feeds, I was PISSED prob why we didn't do so well at latching. Even after I told them NOT to :(

Aw that must have been awful for you too :( xx

:hugs: to you both for your BF issues. Sounds like you both had it rough :(

We didn't have an easy road either... We had latch issues from day 1, awful cracked nipples followed by mastitis at 6 weeks. Very painful I agree, Kyles :cry: Eventuslly we found out that Rex had a slight tongue tie. Thankfully as it wasn't a severe one, he stretched it as time went on & tbh by the time he was 15 weeks or so, it didn't hurt at all. Thank goodness.

Rex always took a bottle from our first attempt at 4 weeks so I pumped like mad in the first 5 months to build a freezer stash up. I HATED the pumping. I don't know how some ladies exclusively pump. Now I know that nothing 'bad' happens when LOs have formula iykwim (we switched to formula at 6 months & Rex wasn't more ill or anything) I'll def not be pumping next time. LO can have formula if I'm not around for some reason or I need a break.

I think its lovely that you did all that pumping for Rex. I wasn't really able to pump, I used to sit and pump for half an hour each side and get maybe 4oz that Olivia would then down in 30 seconds flat :dohh:

Well hopefully we will all have better experiences this time around :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->