TTC #2, I think I messed up!

Naepark

Reaction score
Hello, I'm very new to posting in any forum, but I need advice...

A little about me. I am soon to be 25, my partner is 32. Because of his employment and my health we basically have little time to TTC. For the moment we are even having to live in different states.
I have never had any issues with my cycle, but because of our short time window, I started taking an array of different supplement, that are suppose to help jumpstart my system and make everything healthy to better carry the baby... I think that it has messed up my cycle instead, for my cycle starts like clockwork. :cry: My cycle was suppose to start on the 8th (I know not very long ago) but it's showing no sign (except the small amount of acne that I always get) of coming.

Someone please help, have I really messed this up?:wacko:

Are you sure you're not pregnant? And what supplements are you taking?

I'm sure I'm not pregnant already yet.

I've been talking:
2 ultra multivitamin for women*
*aspirin 3Xs 81 mg
Royal jelly 4500 mg
Folic acid 6000mg (dr approved)
Super B Complex X's 2
Extra B6 100 mg

Hmm I don't think any of those would mess up your cycle - unless with the multivitamins you're taking too much of the others.. I know vitex and soy isoflavones counteract one another, but Im not sure about any others...
It might just be an odd cycle - try not to stress too much! (Though I know thats easier said than done!) Sorry I couldnt be of more help!

Hmm I don't think any of those would mess up your cycle - unless with the multivitamins you're taking too much of the others.. I know vitex and soy isoflavones counteract one another, but Im not sure about any others...
It might just be an odd cycle - try not to stress too much! (Though I know thats easier said than done!) Sorry I couldnt be of more help!

I hope your right, and thanks do much! :)

Does anyone know if I drink parsley tea to try and force start my period, if that could make matters worse? Would this possibly delay ovulation all together?

I used dong quai to kickstart my period. It worked after 3 days, and I've had cycles since, though they are around 50 days (before the dong quai, I hadnt had a period for 19 months, so its definitely an improvement!)

I used dong quai to kickstart my period. It worked after 3 days, and I've had cycles since, though they are around 50 days (before the dong quai, I hadnt had a period for 19 months, so its definitely an improvement!)

Thanks so much :thumbup:

You are taking way to much baby aspirin! If u google it,it says don't take more than 81 mg idk if it can mess up your cycle but it does say it can harm you

You are taking way to much baby aspirin! If u google it,it says don't take more than 81 mg idk if it can mess up your cycle but it does say it can harm you

I also thought it was to much aspirin! I have based all of my supplement on the advice of the only herbalist in a 75 mile radius of my home. I think I may just stop trying so hard. I've cut most of my supplements already and am going to stick with the multi, a smaller dose of folic and the B complex. I was never on a aspirin regimen before an I've always been healthy. Thanks for your insight.

I've heard of pregnacare ( a conception vitamin) had caused some people's cycles messing up.
I wonder if some of the vitamins in it are the same as what you have taken?

Or you could be pregnant?

Hopefully you will get back on track soon honey, try not to stress.

I've heard of pregnacare ( a conception vitamin) had caused some people's cycles messing up.
I wonder if some of the vitamins in it are the same as what you have taken?

Or you could be pregnant?

Hopefully you will get back on track soon honey, try not to stress.

Thanks for your insight! I got a little excited thinking, maybe we are already pregnant, so I took a test. It was negative, and still I have no signs of starting. :(
By the grace of God, maybe I'll still O this month. That would be a huge blessing. If not we have time to possibly try again next month.

Just as an FYI you shouldn't take a standard multi-vitamin while TTC / pregnant. If I remember rightly the vitamin A levels are too high and you shouldn't take any supplement containing vitamin A while pregnant. It's unlikely to cause any issue now, but this is something you should check out before continuing with the supplements. Anxiety is likely to cause more cycle issues and problems with conceiving so relaxation techniques and time out are likely to be much more beneficial to you. Good luck

I'm not sure how this forum business works exactly so I'm not sure if anyone can still see this, but I wanted to add some things. I started drinking parsley tea to try and force my cycle. I also stopped all of my supplements, tginking this may have gad sinething to do with it not coming. Though I took a some what extreme measure, it did work. My cycle started very strong yesterday and started very pain filled with cramps so bad it hurt to stand and it was a very heavy flow. Today, CD2 Was the same as well but I figured I needed to atleast start my new prenatal and get back on my extra folic acid. So I took 6000 mcg folic and a prenatal... By tonight, my AF is practically gone??? Usually AF is 3 strong days followed by 2 lite days with spotting... I'm trying to stay positive, but sometimes it's so hard to do so when things are the norm!

It's not unusual for AF to be different to what you expect while TTC'ing. Two very heavy days would probably add up to the same volume as a standard AF. Don't be surprised if you have very light patching over the next week though Another time you should try to see a dr to ask for a drug to start your AF (I think its called provera). They will take a blood test to see where you are in your cycle before prescribing you anything. Glx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->