TTC #2 - just turned 37.....

Kimmi82

Mummy to baby Faye
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I havent been on here since my DD was born over 8 years ago.

Since then me and her dad have parted ways. I swore down I'd never have another baby (DD was a difficult birth and I suffered with PPD)

And now here I am, aged just 37, in a relationship with the most amazing 26 year old guy. He is the absolute love of my life, I never knew I could feel this way about another human being.

We have decided pretty soon on that we want to try for our own baby, he has none of his own but is raising my DD just like she was his

We have been trying for 7 months and no joy so far but just wanted to touch base with all you lovely ladies and look to you all for inspiration and support.

Love to you all!

Kim xx

Good luck with your journey! I'm 37 and currently 8 weeks pregnant. Not something I thought I'd do again either Haha it took us 16 cycles to get pregnant xx

Good luck with your journey! I'm 37 and currently 8 weeks pregnant. Not something I thought I'd do again either Haha it took us 16 cycles to get pregnant xx

Congratulations!! Its funny how life has other plans for you isnt it?! Theres no real reason why it shouldnt happen in time, OH is worried he is defective in some way, as I've been pregnant before. I have told him that as young as I may look my system is getting on and it won't be quite as straightforward as it was in the past, but we are both fit and healthy and we will just keep trying and what will be will be xxx

Good luck! I am 38 this year and we hope for at least one more. At least ... :)
I'll be following!

Thankyou everyone!!!

Love the support here which is one of the reasons I have come back. Sometimes I get down about it but Im not the most patient person in the world!! With my daughter as soon as I started tracking my cycle we got pregnant, this time it's not making any difference......we DTD near enough every day (find it difficult not to!!) so we plan to take breaks incase he has a low sperm count.

Hi there Kimmi!
I just turned 38 2 months ago and we are starting ivf for #2 at the end of January... after swearing we were “one and done”! If I do fall pg there will be a 4 year age gap between DS and #2.
Unfortunately we have to go the ivf route because in all my many, many reproductive years :roll: and ttc in every way possible, we’ve only ever been successful with ivf. So we’ll see!! I alternate between being excited and petrified with the ideas of doing ivf again and having a second child.
Like you said it’s sooo nice to be able to come here for support. Fx for you- and so awesome that you have such a great partner to share this journey with you.

Hi there Kimmi!
I just turned 38 2 months ago and we are starting ivf for #2 at the end of January... after swearing we were “one and done”! If I do fall pg there will be a 4 year age gap between DS and #2.
Unfortunately we have to go the ivf route because in all my many, many reproductive years :roll: and ttc in every way possible, we’ve only ever been successful with ivf. So we’ll see!! I alternate between being excited and petrified with the ideas of doing ivf again and having a second child.
Like you said it’s sooo nice to be able to come here for support. Fx for you- and so awesome that you have such a great partner to share this journey with you.

I am keeping everything crossed for you!! I doubt I'd qualify for IVF if it came to that as I already have a child. I had no problems getting pregnant the first time but that was nearly 10 years ago so I guess time will tell. And yes I'm super lucky, we have discussed every eventuality and he loves me regardless of whether we can have a child or not

Hey everyone!

I havent been on here since my DD was born over 8 years ago.

Since then me and her dad have parted ways. I swore down I'd never have another baby (DD was a difficult birth and I suffered with PPD)

And now here I am, aged just 37, in a relationship with the most amazing 26 year old guy. He is the absolute love of my life, I never knew I could feel this way about another human being.

We have decided pretty soon on that we want to try for our own baby, he has none of his own but is raising my DD just like she was his

We have been trying for 7 months and no joy so far but just wanted to touch base with all you lovely ladies and look to you all for inspiration and support.

Love to you all!

Kim xx

Hi! I'm back on here, turning 37 next month and we are going to start trying for #2. DS is about to turn 1... DEFINITELY something I didn't think I'd do again but I really want DS to have a sibling and always wanted more then 1 :)

Hello! I'm in a sort of similar boat, haha. I'm also 37 ttc with a new partner who has no kids, but he's my age, and while he definitely wants a baby with me right now, he wants it to magically "just happen" so any ttc tracking/witchery has to be very behind the scenes or he'll get "gun shy!" Just got AF after my third BFN with what I know to be well-timed sex, but they were non-consecutive attempts. It makes every time I get a well-timed attempt feel all the more vital, and then devastating when it doesn't happen! Good luck and baby dust to you, I hope we all see sticky BFPs in 2020!

Good luck hon. I got pregnant and gave birth at 39. My son is now 4 months old and I turned 40 in december. We are going to try for one last baba next year. I will be 41.
Many many womon having babies in there late 30s and early even mid 40s now.
My aunt was 42 when she gave birth to my cousin and my neighbours mum was 45 when she had her.
37 is still young so dont worry to much. Wishing you the very best of luck

Hi your situation sounds very similar to mine! Was on this site over 10years ago now ttc my first who is now 9 years old!

like you I’ve separated with my husband and met someone who is in his early 20’s Well 24 and is desperate for a family of his own. I’ll be 37 this year and resound myself to the fact that I probably wouldn’t have another but life certainly does throw curve balls!
I have PCOS and think I’m still having issues with ovulation so it’s a tough one for me. Waiting for an appointment with gynae and hoping for some meds to help with ovulation! Resorted back to trying the soy iso (apparently nature’s clomid) which helped me to conceive my first. First cycle trying it again and on CD 8 now.
Fingers crossed for you and lots of baby dust!! Totally agree this site got me through a lot of tough times when ttc first time around! Very glad it’s still here xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->