TTC#2 Low progesterone diagnosed nervous to test

MLL

Reaction score
Hello there

Although i have been an avid viewer of this site, i wanted to ask a question?

My dh and I have been TTC#2 for 8 months, #1 was conceived on 3rd cycle.
I'm 33 now and found my cycles once i came off the pill were getting shorter and shorter in length (day 20 - 26 cycles) and spotting started from about day 18 and then last month i started AF on day 20 - so forget the luteal phase!

previous to this cycle i had used opk for two months but despite lots of bd activity af just kept knocking on the door when least wanted. Same time I had results back from doctors that said i had low progesterone. I started reflexology and have had that (at a cost) for 4 weeks in a row and I have also taken agnus castus, b complex and EPO.
So far and am at day 26 - no spotting and no AF. i didn't opk and dh and i have Bd'd around mid cycle.
I don't want to let myself feel positive about anything and i'm nervous of testing for disappointment but are there any words of comfort out there will I wait for day 28

Hi and welcome! :wave:

I also have low progesterone. I found that taking B vitamins did help a lot and at one stage I got my LP up to 13 days (from 9 originally) but I was having to take higher and higher doses of the vit and still no BFP, so I quit. I have been on tablet form dydrogesterone (synthetic progesterone) a few times, so this cycle I am trying it again. I start spotting on 8dpo almost on the dot every month.

Good luck and keep up posted! Since you are doing a lot of different things this month it's hard to say whether your cycles are better because you are pregnant or because of something you're doing, but baby dust to you anyway! Just to let you know, I have heard that EPO can delay ovulation, so it might be that you just ovved later this month which would push back the rest of the cycle - I hope that's not the case though! :hugs:

Thanks
Didn't need to test - AF arrived today!
Feeling ok about it as managed to get to day 27 and no spotting so something positive is taking place! Been taking B complex and vitex for a few cycles - the EPO and reflexology was diff this time. Thank you for the info re EPO
Dh booked in for analysis and both referred to clinic with appt in Nov so that may shed some more light on the situation.
Good luck with this cycle

I took Vitamin b and my 28 day cycle became 35 days and it was torture, i kept testing and getting BFN... so i've binned the stuff now, i would say it can definately alter your cycle length... good luck hope you get a BFP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->