ttc #2... worried about fertility

victoria1987

Reaction score
So I have a 7 month old ds and have not used any sort of protection since he was born as we knew we wanted our children close in age. I'm not sure that the first 4 months really count as I was breastfeeding and my cycles had not yet returned, but stopped bf at 4 months and AF returned right away. We are now on cycle #4 and I am a little concerned that I am not yet pregnant. Now I do realise that it takes a lot of women far longer, 4 months is not very long etc. But I have had 3 total pregnancies (2 MC and then my DS) one was conceived while on bcp the other two first cycle trying. I have never really had to try or be disappointed with bfns each month so I am getting worried! Please don't take this as me being a spoiled brat who does not recognise that ttc is a struggle for other women, I completely realise how lucky I was in the past and am thankful for my healthy son, I am just worried that something wrong as our timing was last month. Should I be concerned or is this pretty normal and I just get super lucky the last few times?

You sound a bit like me. I'm very thankful that I don't have problems getting pregnant, what I have a problem with is STAYING pregnant. It is like my body HATES being pregnant. My first pregnancy went smoothly but my dd was almost 9 lbs. and was a difficult birth. It was like my body made it difficult on purpose so I wouldn't have any more children LOL. Then with my ds, whom I got pregnant with only 4 months after giving birth to my daughter, I had HORRIBLE morning sickness and my body evicted him a month before his due date. Since his birth, I have had two losses. One of the losses I too happened to get pregnant while on BC. To put it mildly, I've had a lot of disappointments so I feel for you and know where you're coming from. My suggestion would be to use OPKs to determine when you are ovulating. You may have missed your fertile window, especially if your ovulation changed greatly after giving birth to your son, and the opks will give you some idea of when you're ovulating. I ovulated on CD 10 when I conceived my son and late in my cycle with my two MCs based upon opk readings. I never used opks with my dd so I have no idea when I ovulated in my cycle with her. We are currently TTC again and this month I ovulated right on time, on CD 14. What I have learned is that your hormones change greatly after EVERY birth or MC. I wish you the best of luck! :hugs:

It can take up to a year to get pregnant even if you don't have issues. Even if your timing is perfect you have a 20% chance of conceiving. Just give it some time.

thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I have considered trying opks if this cycle is a bust but am not sure how useful they would be as we try to DTD every day (occasionally every other day) from around CD 7-21 so I don't think I am missing O but we have only been this "determined" with our BDing since last cycle. The previous 2 cycles were more relaxed.

I do think that my cycles have changed since having my son as before him I had perfect 28 day cycles, now they have been 33, 29 and 31 days. I do worry perhaps I am not even ovulating but I do get O pains and EWCM each month. I think that if this is not our month I may try the opks to make sure that I am.

How long have you been ttc#3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"