Ttc 40+

Tishimouse

Fairy Godmother - really!
Reaction score

Hello there,

I was reading through the 30+ thread and resisted the urge to post there because I'm not in my 30's, but in my 40's.

It feels a bit lonely and I am at times a little self conscious about the fact that I am ttc baby number 1 at 45 years old. However, I'll get over that I'm sure.

My whole life seems to be in reverse as I've done the travelling, established a good career and lived a wonderful single life until this year when I married my wonderful husband in September. He is 40 and has 2 children from a previous marriage. As for me I've been single and child-free up until now, so it's all change and excitement for this adventurous part of my life.

We have both made the decision to 'go for it' and have a little bubba of our own. I reckon the little un will have a lovely loving home and 2 older step-brothers to spoil him or her.

So, that's me .. it's early days as I've only just come off my POP last Oct 31st and have been taking folic acid ever since. Now comes the fun bit and heaven knows how long it will take or whether it's actually possible. Either way, we are giving it a try.

Are there any more 40+ girlies here?

there may be one other, but Im not sure. Im 32 and TTC #1. Im sure us 30's TTCers will help offer support :) Im sure it will happen for you hun...my Best Friends mom Conceived in her late 40's :)

:hugs: Wishing you all the best with your TTC journey.

My friend had twins at 48,quite a surprise!!! SO good luck

Hi again,

Thank you for your replies. I didn't really expect there too be many others, although I have found quite a few on another website, but it's not quite as nice as this one. Also, there are lots of interesting topics here that I am sure I will join in, if and when I get to that stage.

The mention of twins is making me think. Mmmmm! :blue: :pink: And there are quite a few sets in my family already.

I think I will join 30+ group as there are lots of people there and it could be a bit lonely here. 'sides, I'm too much of a chatterbox to be left on my own. :blush:

The 30+ group is for 40's too :D

Saved the under 20's 20's 30's 40's & put them into two sections.

I'll add to it actually!

Welcome to the forum & best of luck x

welcome tishimouse and gl ttc. i know a lady who had two children in her 40's, the first one at 44 and the second right after, there are lots of success stories for 40+ women, just look at all the celebrities that are pg!

lots of baby dust for this month :dust::dust:

:hi: Welcome to the forum! You know my mom had me when she was 42 and my DH's mom had his younger sister (she's five years old) when she was 42 as well!!

Hello again,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm quite looking forward to seeing what happens. Have noticed the change in the title for 30/40's club, so will be posting there. It's a lovely friendly place here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->