TTC- AF late, but 21 day progesterone only 1.6

Molly123456

Reaction score
Has is happened to anyone else? My period is normally like clock work and it should have arrived yesterday, it's now almost 2 days late, but I had my progesterone tested on day 21 and it was only 1.6 so the doctor said I didn't ovulate. I took a test this afternoon but it was negative. I am supposed to be starting clomid this cycle but is it possible I am already pregnant??

Hi Hun. Unfortunately, with a progesterone reading of 1.6 there is no way you are pregnant. And in some ways that is almost a good thing... Because if for some reason you were pregnant, there is no way your body could sustain a pregnancy with progesterone that low.

I know it sucks when AF is late and you still get BFNs. :hugs:

I am on Clomid and get day 21 progesterone tests. Generally, anything under 3 means you haven't ovulated. Anything around the 10 mark is considered 'borderline' ie you have probably ovulated but your body doesn't seem to be making enough progesterone OR you have ovulated very recently and your progesterone hasn't risen much yet. A good reading would be about 50+

I conceived my DS on my third round of Clomid after having spent four years ttc naturally! And we have now started trying for #2. So hang in there, your BFP is just around the corner :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->