TTC af made an appearance again this month 3 days early, any advice on concieving

leanne1983

Reaction score
me and my fiance have been TTC for a few months now, every month af turns up i get really down about it, does anyone have any ideas on how to concieve, things that can make it easier, please help,

also im new on here so if you shorten any words like ttc and you stick what they mean in brackets lol thanks guys
:hug:

Hey Leanne

Are you using ovulation kits or charting your temperature at all?
That would be a good starting point as you would know when you were ovulating so you could pinpoint :sex: a bit better?x

Welcome to B&B Leanne1983! I've been ttc for a few months but since coming on here have realised that there's so much more to it than I thought! Here's what I've learned...

The best time to try is for the few days approaching ovulation. On a normal 28 day cycle ovulation is considered to be expected on CD14 (cycle day 14 - CD1 is the day your AF (aunt flo, period) arrives), but obviously everyone's cycle length and ovulation are different.

OPK
Ovulation prediction kits can be used to try to confirm when you are ovulating. A few days before you think you should be ovulating you can POAS (pee on a stick) and if you have a surge of LH, which is a hormone which can indicate ovulation is approaching, the test will show positive. You should then ovulate within the next 24-72 hours.

Fertilityfriend.com
This is a great website for charting. You take your BBT (basal body temp) first thing every morning and enter it on your chart. You can also record your opk result, as well as other symptoms which can show you may be due to ovulate. Your body temp will suddenly rise and stay elevated after you've ovulated.

Hope that helps and that I haven't just told you stuff you already know!!

C
x

BTW there is a thread which lists all the abbreviations, i think it's somewhere in one of the introduction forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->