TTC after 2 ERPCs for same pregnancy

DebsHopeful

Mummy to a beautiful girl
Reaction score
TTC after 2 ERPCs for same pregnancy

Hi Ladies,

This is my first time writing on the web like this and must say it is extremely comforting to know that I am not alone. My best wishes go out to all of you WTTC and TTC.

I two had to have two ERPCs for the same pregnancy.

I went for my 13 week scan. I was told I was carring a baby boy.
We got to see him in a 4D scan and he was sucking his thumb (they can normally only do this at 16 weeks, or so the books say).

The gynea then did the nuchal fold test.
It should have been under 0.3 but instead it was 0.86,
to make matters worse the left side of his heart had not developed.
We were told he would not survive past 6 months in the womb and so we would have to terminate the pregnancy.

On Monday 4th August 2008 I had my first ERPC.
I bled heavily for about 4 days and then continued to bleed for a further 3 and a half weeks.

On the 1st September I went to work in a complete state and could not stop crying. I knew I was morning but I was out of control.
I went another gynea for a second opinion as to what was happening to me and why was I still bleeding.
He discovered a large portion of the placenta was still inside me and my cervix was still open.
I was rushed in for an emergency second ERPC that evening. The bleeding the second time round was only 2 days and then light spotting for another week.

I saw him for a check up on Friday 5th September since I needed to know that he had managed to get everything out.
He then told me that during the operation he had taken a blood test and 4 weeks after my first ERPC my HCG count was a whopping 124,000 when it should have been 0.

He said he suspected the pregnancy may have turned into a Molar Pregnancy and in which case I would need chemo.
I had to wait until Monday 15th September, two weeks after the op to go and get my next HCG count. I was so stressed but......it came back 8.5.

Like all you ladies, I can't wait to be pregnant again and I am also extremely obsessed. The doctor doesn't think I am going to ovulate this month and said even if I do, my lining is to thin to hold a pregnancy but we are doing what married people do and if it is meant to be it will be and if not.....I hope it won't be to damn long until my period comes back so I can start charting and TTC.

I wrote on this site on Monday 22nd asking when AF would come back and then 2 hours later my question was answered and nature helped me to close the door on my loss.

I am so happy that my body is bouncing back and I can start charting again but like a lot of you here, I have know idea what is the correct way to go about it.

When do you think I should start :sex

Some say every day from day 8 to day 15 just to be safe and others say every second day. What do you think?
I really want this to be the month.

Best wishes to all of you out there.
And if any of you are recovering from an ERPC or a misscarraige my thoughts are with you and I believe there is hope for all of us.

:hug:
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hi :hi: Welcome to BnB! I am so sorry for your losses. :hugs:

Thanks girls,

It is wonderful to know I can log in and be surrounded by people who know what I am going through and other who are where I want to be. Motherhood is something to be cherished. I can't wait to get there.

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend and to those of you still trying I hope we don't have to wait long.

I am on CD6 and damn AF is still here, hope she doesn't ruin my chances of falling pregnant next week.

Any thoughts on trying every day next week or do you think every other day?

I used to ovulate on day 11 but I am sure everything has changed now.

Hiya Debs hun

Im so sorry for your loss :hugs: & can totally understand your need to be pregnant straight away but just wanted to say that as you have been through 2 gynae procedures very recently you might be wise to wait for 1 more AF before TTC again? I know this is hard sweetheart...

But as the doctor has pointed out to you - the lining of your womb may not be thick enough to sustain a pregnancy just yet and it would be heartbreaking if you were to get pregnant only to then lose the pregnancy in the early stages :hugs:

I know from experience how strong the urge you are feeling at the moment is & can completely sympathise with you but I would hate to see you have to face any more pain after what you have already been through.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat to someone who has gone through a similar experience xx

Hi Nicky,

Thanks so much, I know you are probably right but I can't help myself I so want to be pregnant again. My husband and I are so ready to be parents, we bought just about everything except a cot for our last baby.

My gynea has given us the go ahead, saying if it is meant to be it will be and if not it won't happen. I do hope I won't live to regret it.

My thoughts are with you and your DH too, hope it won't be long before we both have a :bfp:

I know how you feel hun :hug:

If your Doc has given you the all clear & its what you both want then I wish you all the luck in the world :hugs: xx

Welcome hun
I am also new to the site So sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:
I am a recurrent missed miscarriage patient and i am waiting to try for
another but need to have my results back to why this happens before i try
again hopefully i can try in december,

They say onec you have seen your second cycle which is back to its normal cycle then you can try again

Good luck honey mail me anytime if you want to talk :hug:

Thanks Nicky and Angeldust.

I am unfortunately still spotting so don't think any thing is going to happen this month. I called the doctors rooms today and the nurse told me that I must come in for another appointment if I am still spotting on Friday. Hope it stops before then.

Good luck Angeldust with your test results. My DH and I got our genetic results back today and we are both perfectly healthy and what happened to us was just a random occurance. Hope you get good news too.

I am going for a 21 day progesterone blood test on Sunday 12th October to check and see if I am ovulating or not.

Hi Debs thanks hun
Hope the spotting stops soon this has happend to me years back when i lost my 3rd
but it went back to normal not long after hope this happens with you :)

I have had all tests done hun and they all come back normal i have even been under sugery and had them look to see if anything is wrong in my womb etc and all is normal
this is why i have asked for a second opinion at st marys hospital and waiting for there results,

Thinking thesa will find somthing wrong as i dont think losing more than 3 babys due to no heart beat after seeing heartbeats is normal there is somthing there over looking at the hospital here where i live,

I Hope they do find somthing wrong so they can treat it its just so confusing
i just have this feeling there gonna say all is normal like the other hospital has been saying for the last 12years :(

I also had that progesterone done hun a few years back
They also check this just incase you need help with pregnancy hormone when your next pregnant like a hcg injection which they give you it supports the pregnancy well suppose to ...........
Hope all is well :) mail me anytime hun xx

So sorry to hear about your recurrent losses. How heart breaking to have to go through it more than once.

Best of luck for your test results. What a pity you have to wait so long before you can try again. Hope time will fly until you get a :bfp:

Welcome to BnB! :wave:
I'm so sorry for your loss and I wish you and hubby all the luck in the world TTC!

Hi Angeldust, I am so sorry to hear about your recurrent missed miscarriages.

So sorry you have to wait so long before you can go for your test.
I have only lost one child so far so I have no idea what you are going through and in my case was glad to get mine and my husbands genetic results back as completely normal but can definitely understand that having had more than one tragic insidence you want answers and more importantly you want a solution, something you can do, put in place and make it happen. I pray you get the happy solution you need and it won't be too long before you can hold you own bundle of joy.

NickyT75, thanks for the support. I hope you are in a happy place. You are in my thoughts.

Debshopeful Hi hun
Thanks :hugs: I wish you the same hope father christmas brings you a :bfp:
or mr storky has yours waiting and is bringing he/she soon :hugs:

Thanks Girls. My best friend gave birth to a healthy baby boy on the 2nd October 2.82kg
I saw him last night and he is so tiny and adorable.

Good luck in your pregnancy Dolcebella, Bambikate. I hope you enjoy every minute of it. How exciting :)

Chriss77, NickyT75, Angeldust Best of luck in TTC. I hope it won't be long before the :bfp:

GemLou, lynz, doctordeesmrs, nikky0907, I hope it won't be too long before we join you girls on that wonderful journey into motherhood.

Is there anyone out there who has had a D&C or ERPC and fallen pregnant after their first vist from :witch:???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->