TTC after 2 miscarriages, now going for tests (over 35)

Becks2

Mum to 2 girls - 2 x mc's
Reaction score
Hi, I am 35 and have had 2 miscarriages, 1st December (9wks) 2nd March (10wks) both were empty sacs, so I have no problem getting pregnant but do seem to have a problem making a baby, which is so heart breaking.

We are now being referred for tests, is anyone else in a similar situation?

I would like some idea of what they may test for or what they may find??

I have heard of sticky blood which is supposed to be quite common and is treatable..

I would love to know that there is hope for me yet xx

Hi Becks, I was in the same boat. After 2 cp's and 1 ectopic I was referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic. I am still waiting on
My appointment. Like you I have no problem conceiving but cannot keep them. Today I got another BFP and I am scared stiff. Im going ul head back to my gp next week to see what if anything I can do.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

:hugs:

Really Sorry for your losses. I know how it feels. I had two miscarriages before I conceived my daughter at 39.

I was never offered tests and more or less told that miscarriage is common (at any age). The hope given was that I could conceive (and quickly!). For me it was third time lucky.

Good luck and please don't worry. You are still young at 35!!

Hi Becks, I was in the same boat. After 2 cp's and 1 ectopic I was referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic. I am still waiting on
My appointment. Like you I have no problem conceiving but cannot keep them. Today I got another BFP and I am scared stiff. Im going ul head back to my gp next week to see what if anything I can do.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

:hugs:

Fingers crossed for you, wishing you loads of luck that this one is sticks and holds on tight xx

I just had my second m/c on Monday, and I met with my obgyn today to discuss where we go from here. She is sending me to get bloodwork done to test for 13 different things including chromosome analysis and Lupus. I just can't imagine trying for a third without doing something differently!

I just had my second m/c on Monday, and I met with my obgyn today to discuss where we go from here. She is sending me to get bloodwork done to test for 13 different things including chromosome analysis and Lupus. I just can't imagine trying for a third without doing something differently!

Hi, so sorry, it is so heatbreaking, and never realised how common it was until I came on here!!
I had my appointment last test, and they took lots of blood for testing, they said it takes 6-8 weeks for the results.
I am also being sent for a scan, which I am having tonight, not sure what that will show that the number of scans that I have had in the EPU??
The doctor I saw said that 9 times out of 10 the tests don't show anything and that it is just unlucky to have 2 m/c's...
Hope it is third time lucky for us both xx

I just had the same tests run last week and got the results back today. They came back positive for Lupus antibodies, but apparently that doesn't necessarily mean I have Lupus. They are going to run more tests based on these results.

After 9 years of unexplained secondary infertility, this is the first time I've had a dr actually find something that's wrong.

I just had the same tests run last week and got the results back today. They came back positive for Lupus antibodies, but apparently that doesn't necessarily mean I have Lupus. They are going to run more tests based on these results.

After 9 years of unexplained secondary infertility, this is the first time I've had a dr actually find something that's wrong.

Fingers crossed for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"