TTC After 4th Degree Tear...

MrsMomma

Reaction score
Is there anyone who has had another baby after a 4th degree tear during your first birth? I'm really nervous. I was originally told I'd need a c section next time but I've apparently healed very well and that's no longer the case. My concern is obviously tearing again and/or causing more damage. I've been given the choice vaginal or c section. Obviously I don't want to have a CS but I'm scared. Does anyone have any insight? We're currently TTC and I'm freaking myself out. I'd like to think I won't tear as bad but could use some stories from personal experience... And just a little side note - my son will be two in April and to this day I still have bladder issues. That also worries me.

Hi, I had a bad tear with my 1st. I had tests when he was 6 months old and was told I'd healed well, my internal functions were good and I was a good candidate for a vaginal delivery 2nd time around. When I got pregnant with my 2nd my consultant did initially recommend a c-section but was supportive of me trying for a vaginal delivery. My 2nd delivery was very good, minor 1st and 2nd tears no stitches :).
I felt confident going for a vaginal delivery as I had good bowel and bladder control after my first delivery. When you say you have bladder issues, would you say they are severe? Just asking because I know it is common for women to experience some leaking etc after pregnancy, even if they don't tear. I wouldn't be put off a vaginal delivery if it is that, but if it is more severe and hasn't been helped by physical therapy and pelvic floor exercises I think I'd be more wary.
As an aside- your son and my daughter share a birthday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->