TTC after a loss

apple_sauce

Mommy to an angel
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I lost my angel baby in May due to a cord issue. She was my first born, so now i'm a mother without her child. My oh and I want to start trying again (we were told to wait 6 weeks which is this week). I haven't had a period since giving birth, my question is can I still concieve even though my first period hasen't come? I don't have any sign of it coming so I was just wondering if it's possible.

Thank you all so much, I don't know what I would do without all your help. I have been so lost without my angel. :hugs:

Oh apple, I am so so sorry to hear about your baby.

Yes hon, you can definitely be fertile before your first period. It is absolutely possible. I imagine you must be so anxious to be pregnant again as soon as possible. Are you charting your temps or doing OPK's or a clear blue fertility monitor? That will be the best way to pinpoint your ovulation. Your hormones might be unstable right now though so you might want to wait to use these tools until after your first period. I hope you don't even have to wait that long. I hope you get pregnant straight away.

xoxo

Thank you so much for your response. I am pretty anxious to be pregnant again, my body feels so empty. I haven't charted, I have only POAS to make sure it was negitive. I think I will start charting once I have my first period. But it is nice to know that I could get pregnant even though I haven't had a period yet.

Well if there is any good news, it is that your hcg is low enough that it is registering negative on an HPT. That means your body is healing physically and will be fertile again soon. I imagine if you don't get pregnant, you'll be getting your period very soon. I hope you keep writing here. The women in this forum are great support.

Apple im soo sorry you had to go through this....I also had to deliver my baby at 23 weeks due to sacrococcygeal teratoma type 1 and it was the most difficult time in my life. I too felt empty, i still feel like that sometimes and its been 1 year last week since she left us.
Although yes it is possible to get pregnant before AF arrives, in my case the team of doctors recommended that i wait 2 cycles before trying again.

Thank you ladies for your replies. I have been spotting today so AF is on her way.

Vickyd I am so sorry to hear of your loss :hugs:
It's so terrible and unfair that we have to go through this pain.

Sorry for your loss apple sauce :hugs: glad to hear af is coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->