TTC after a missed miscarriage

AnneLouB

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new on here so just though I'd see who was about. I found out 4 weeks ago today that I had had a missed misscarriage, and had the D&C on the Friday (18 Feb). We are utterly devastated and I think the only thing that will get me over this is to get pregnant again. We had been trying for 18 months and were about to start fertility treatment as I do not ovulate very often, so I am feeling like it is pretty hopeless to be honest. We have another appointment with the fertility doc next month, but I just really want to concieve as soon as possible. It has been nearly 4 weeks since my D&C but I'm not sure if I will ovulate, we started to try again 3 days after I stopped bleeding (about 1 week after op) - can people please give me any advice on how we can concieve - is there anything I can eat etc?? I have cut out everything bad in my diet (apart from 1/2 cup of coffee per day, which I am weaning myself off!) and I am fit and healthy. My other worry is that I will be an old mum by the time we concieve - I know that times have changed, but i don't want to be the oldest mum at the school gates! Any advice would be helpful as I am feeling pretty rubbish about it all

hello,
Im sorry for your recent loss..
Only advice i can give if u are in a muddle as to if u will ovulate or not is.. wait it out...try opks.. as they may give you a rough idea when to try.
Hun my mum was 30 when she had me... im now 20... she would be known as an old mum... but no one cares.. honestly..
and you shouldnt care! you want this baby more than anything.. who cares what anyone thinks.. (if they think anything at all)
Im sure you and your OH will be fantastic parents!
Stay strong hun.
Know that we are all here if you need a good chat.,
xxxxxxxx

Hi AnnelouB, I also had a missed miscarriage just over 6 weeks ago. I had a medical management for mine and it dragged on a little longer but I have to say for me it has given me time to heal emotionally. I have just had my first AF and am now going to try again....my body took a year to settle when i stopped bcp and we fell pregnant only to have a mmc so I can understand your feelings towards that.
I have started back on my vitamins (pregnancy one's) and I also take maca capsules...have a read up on maca as it does wonders for regulating hormones and helping people to conceive.

Thanks for that - I have used OPK in the past, but not sure if I can use one yet as I haven't had a period since my D&C...? The main trouble is that both me and my husband are in the Forces, and don't live together most of the time so in the rare event that I did ovulate in the past, he was generally 400 miles away. We are posted to the same place in may so that's a start I guess...:wacko:

I also had a missed miscarriage just over 6 weeks ago. I had a medical management for mine and it dragged on a little longer but I have to say for me it has given me time to heal emotionally.

You are very brave - much braver than me, I just had to go for the D&C to get it done with - i don't think I could have coped with it dragging on.

I hope you are successful this month - fingers and everything crossed for you

May is just around the corner and you'll both be together again. Maybe you can concentrate on relaxation and being really healthy so it helps to keep your mind occupied and then hopefully you'll get your first AF and can try properly when you are together in May.

Hopefully - we are trying to make the most of when we actually are together so fingers crossed it will happen!

Fingers crossed again for you :)

Hi im new to all this forum stuff .. but after what iv been through or should i add going through i think i need to open up and speak to ppl who are going through the same ..
i sadly have been through 3 m/c now ..
1st i lost my daughter macy at 5months .. however i didnt know i was pg at the time,
2nd i lost in september - a month after my operation (for my endometriosis and pco)
3rd was on valentines day :(

worst of it is my oh brother announced he and his gf were pg (2 days after my 2nd mc) and my best friend after a month of ttc told me her news day before i mc 3rd time ...

im 12 dpo today and for the past 2 days i have had brown spotting (sorry tmi) and very painful cramps this evening .. my af is due friday but im feeling son sad that it may have come early /... has anyone else gone through the same?

p,s sorry for long essay lol

Hi im new to all this forum stuff .. but after what iv been through or should i add going through i think i need to open up and speak to ppl who are going through the same ..
i sadly have been through 3 m/c now ..
1st i lost my daughter macy at 5months .. however i didnt know i was pg at the time,
2nd i lost in september - a month after my operation (for my endometriosis and pco)
3rd was on valentines day :(

worst of it is my oh brother announced he and his gf were pg (2 days after my 2nd mc) and my best friend after a month of ttc told me her news day before i mc 3rd time ...

im 12 dpo today and for the past 2 days i have had brown spotting (sorry tmi) and very painful cramps this evening .. my af is due friday but im feeling son sad that it may have come early /... has anyone else gone through the same?

p,s sorry for long essay lol

Crazy - I had a m/c on valentines day too, and my brother and his wife are also pregnant. I had some spotting this morning, figured it was AF and put in a tampon. Took it out at later and nothing, now BFP. Hang in there's it ain't over til it's over.

oh thank you .. that has given me some hope .. its strange as i have had more pg symptoms this month than i have ever had .. i really thought i was pg till i tested yesterday and got a bfn ... but these cramps are soo strong i cant help that its my af :(

so at 1am this morning the dreaded curse of the af showed her ugly face :(
i am so upset .. not to mention in unbearablae pain :( my endometriosis is playing up so much today its not fair :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->