TTC after a MMC in oct

katy1984

proud mummy & pregnant
Reaction score
hi everyone who's interested!
me and my partner recently suffered a mmc on 20th oct, it was very devastating for us as we'd been ttc for a bout a year, i decided to have a medical management and got my period 4 weeks later, my cylce is usually 34/35 days, we've started trying again and i'll be due my af on xmas day but we're hoping for a bfp :) ive been using opk's this month and got my postive this morning :) really hope it happens for us this time,anyone else going through same thing?

Wow our stories are pretty similar, I found out I had suffered a mmc on 22nd Oct and also had medical management. Unfortunately for me, I haven't ovulated the first cycle after and got af yesterday so we are gonna have to wait a week or so to try again, am a bit gutted was hoping for a bfp for Christmas, as we started trying straight after the bleeding of the medical management. Fingers crossed for you!

my af came on 21st nov,it wasn't normal though, it started off with spotting and then into a lighter than usual period,i think i ovulated the first cycle cos i used the opk's then aswel and got a positive soon after the medical management but dont no if it was due to all hormones from pregnancy etc,but the one i got today is defo a positive. was it your first pregnancy? we have a 6 year old son and this was my second pregnancy, i went for my dating scan thinking i was 12 weeks but the baby had passed at 8 weeks, you never think it will happen to you and at first i was really angry thinking why me!!! but now ive come to realise it must of happened for a reason,i really hope u ovulate this time, i baught the clearblue fertility monitor a few days after my af started so i cant use it till my next cyle (which hopefully wont come) best of luck with it all x

Yeah it was my first pregnancy and was so delighted as I had problems with my ovaries in the past ( I had one removed as I had a large cyst growing on it), so I wasn't even sure if I could conceive and to top to all off it was a honeymoon baby, so sad to of lost it. Again I was pretty similar to you, I went for 12 week scan and was told baby had passed at 7 weeks. I think the worst thing was that I had been thinking I was still pregnant for 5 weeks after it had died. Have your family and friends been supportive about everything? sad to say mine haven't been really. All the responses I got was "your time will come" duh! my time had come! and "Oh well, you can always try again", doesn't really seem like anybody has acknowledged my baby and what has been lost which is what I feel the most difficult to deal with, it wasn't like I just lost my keys or something! x

hey ladies, just checking in with you, so sorry for both your losses :( katy, was your first AF at 28 days? becki how about yours? I am at 6 weeks since I started my m/c and no sign of AF, getting pretty down about it :( thanks x

Hey so sorry to hear you all going through this too...
I went for a scan 25th Oct to find out the baby had stopped growing at around 8 weeks. Had an ERPOC on the 27th, hardly bled after it, and started my first post MC AF on Friday, 6 weeks + 1 day after the op.
Definietly using OV sticks this month - used them last time and they worked. Trying to relax and enjoy Xmas too though.

I'm actually on af right now, after only just under 3 weeks. I'm pretty gutted as I was hoping to take advantage of being 'more fertile' (as I have heard you are more fertile) during my first cycle after my mmc finished but no luck. It's really getting me down, I just want to be pregnant again! I know what you are going through kizzyt , all this waiting is horrible isn't it? I'm sure af will come soon for you though, so you can start trying agin and get you bfp. Good luck x

Yeah it was my first pregnancy and was so delighted as I had problems with my ovaries in the past ( I had one removed as I had a large cyst growing on it), so I wasn't even sure if I could conceive and to top to all off it was a honeymoon baby, so sad to of lost it. Again I was pretty similar to you, I went for 12 week scan and was told baby had passed at 7 weeks. I think the worst thing was that I had been thinking I was still pregnant for 5 weeks after it had died. Have your family and friends been supportive about everything? sad to say mine haven't been really. All the responses I got was "your time will come" duh! my time had come! and "Oh well, you can always try again", doesn't really seem like anybody has acknowledged my baby and what has been lost which is what I feel the most difficult to deal with, it wasn't like I just lost my keys or something! x

i know that's wot upset me the most,because i still having all the symtons of pregnancy,my family and friends have been very supportive,im just glad we didn't tell our son as it wud of been so confusing for him,we planned on showing him the scan pic after school that day,the worst thing is he's been asking for a sibling for a while now and he even wrote it on his list for santa which is heartbreaking for me,and since we lost the baby there's been friends and family members who have announced there pregnant too which really gets to me,i wud of been 20wks on sunday but hopefully we wont be waiting too long, i wish u all the best and hope the same to you x

hey ladies, just checking in with you, so sorry for both your losses :( katy, was your first AF at 28 days? becki how about yours? I am at 6 weeks since I started my m/c and no sign of AF, getting pretty down about it :( thanks x

thank you,im sorry about your loss, my af was 28 day yes which is strange as my periods are 34/35 days,ive counted my normal cycle time for my next one which will make it xmas day,did you start ttc straight away? i read it can take up to 6-8 weeks for your af to start,hope it comes soons for you x

Hey so sorry to hear you all going through this too...
I went for a scan 25th Oct to find out the baby had stopped growing at around 8 weeks. Had an ERPOC on the 27th, hardly bled after it, and started my first post MC AF on Friday, 6 weeks + 1 day after the op.
Definietly using OV sticks this month - used them last time and they worked. Trying to relax and enjoy Xmas too though.

sorry for ur loss, think thats the best thing to do, just try and relax, thats how i found out we we're expecting,we decided to book a holiday for next yr so we we're gonna put the baby making on hold and i decovered i was pregnant and ironicly my due date wud of been wen we wanted to book the holiday,trying for a baby does cause alot a stress especially if it doesn't happen right away, it's constantly on your mind,wen we first lost the baby all i wanted was to be pregnant again,it kinda took over my life but ive come term's with it now and im much more relaxed about it,if it doesn't happen this month,ill be trying my clearblue fertility monitor as ive read so many good reviews about it, but the sticks are so expensive but its worth a try, good luck for the future x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->