TTC after an ectopic pregnancy

I know. I was just at a charity auction I was helping with and the 3 girls I was working with were pregnant and my job was to display the baby clothes being auctioned off!! I had to just leave eventually. I know that I couldn't have done something to cause it, but the doctor still can't figure out why if happened. I'm so worried that I'll have another one or never have kids.

I feel like "why me" all the time, I know exactly how you feel. Mines was over a year ago, so in the beginning it was very hard to see pregnancies, hear about them, even the slightest baby commercials made me cry. Now its not as hard as time usually heals everything. And I am now ttc again. Its been tough with just one tube, but I am not giving up hope yet!

I know. I was just at a charity auction I was helping with and the 3 girls I was working with were pregnant and my job was to display the baby clothes being auctioned off!! I had to just leave eventually. I know that I couldn't have done something to cause it, but the doctor still can't figure out why if happened. I'm so worried that I'll have another one or never have kids.

I feel like "why me" all the time, I know exactly how you feel. Mines was over a year ago, so in the beginning it was very hard to see pregnancies, hear about them, even the slightest baby commercials made me cry. Now its not as hard as time usually heals everything. And I am now ttc again. Its been tough with just one tube, but I am not giving up hope yet!

Hi...

I am a newbie here. But not new to the probs shared by all of u ! Thanks to everyone. However my case is different as i've had not one, but TWO ruptured ectopic pregs !! Lost both my tubes ! :cry: I was wondering if anyone out here has a successful story to tell where they've conceived NATURALLY without fallopian tubes ! Without IVF etc. I've heard a few but donno what to believe. I've one child, she's 11 yrs. She's my first & only child. But so lonely ! Sigh. Lol. Wud love to have at least one more. Any advise?? Thanks & gud luck to all u ladies for ur TTC episodes !

Wow that must be hard. I dont have any advice about concieving or losing both tubes. My heart goes out to you :(

mixedbeautyx congrats on finding out you are pregnant! That is such wonderful news for you and makes me very hopeful. Do you mind sharing how long you have been trying since your ectopic and if you used any fertility drugs? I've used Femara for 2 months an no luck :(

Thanks! No fertility drugs. We've never fully ttc more ntnp and it took almost 2 years. I bet if we tried harder it could of happened sooner

hello ladies,

i hope you can be of help to me... i am a one tuber due to ectopic pregnancy. in fact, just did the surgery... doc said that i am at risk of having another ectopic in my other tube... dont know what to do.. should i try naturally and see how it goes or go directly to IVF? does ivf reduce the risk of ectopic?

hello ladies,

i hope you can be of help to me... i am a one tuber due to ectopic pregnancy. in fact, just did the surgery... doc said that i am at risk of having another ectopic in my other tube... dont know what to do.. should i try naturally and see how it goes or go directly to IVF? does ivf reduce the risk of ectopic?

Isobel,
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my right tube back in August, the doctors basically told me nothing. All they said was it just happens sometimes, and you can still have kids. But I was not satisfied with that answer and began doing research. What I found was, that there is usually a reason for the ectopic; infection or damage to the area are usually what causes it. Also, it is possible to have another ectopic naturally or even with ivf.

However, there is hope. I am now 9 weeks pregnant, conceived naturally. I also have a friend who conceived all three of her girls on one tube naturally.

Give yourself time to heal, and no matter what you decide to do, it will happen for you.

Best of Luck,
Kayla

hello ladies,

Im not sure about risk of ectopic via ivf, but i would try to concievw naturally first. It can happen.

thank you mixedbeauty and k.heffler. i am so frightened and scared that i lose my other tube as well. doctor said that i might be subject to ectopic - that is, it is in my nature.. i would be really unlucky if i have another ectopic. there's always hope if i ever lose my other tube - through ivf, though we dont afford it as its very expensive... but as you told me, i will give myself to heal first and then give it another try.

i am very happy for you k.heffler. wish you a very healthy happy 9months pregnancy.
xxxxxx
good luck

xxxx

There is a test you can have done to see if your other tube is blocked. That way you can decide what is the best plan and avoid another ectopic.

There is a test you can have done to see if your other tube is blocked. That way you can decide what is the best plan and avoid another ectopic.

my tube was perfectly ok...no blockage, no damage, no infection... it was just in my nature to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->