TTC after ARM implant

Katiie

Mummy to Three
Reaction score
Hello!

I had my arm implant removed last August and since then we've been TTC our third.
However I also suffer from PCOS.
Now before, this has never been a problem. I fell on the first month with both my boys! Which is amazing considering I never had a good period pattern to follow.

But I think the implant has screwed me up.
I never had a period when it was removed. So in January, after disappointing months of thinking I could be pregnant, I went to the doctor.

He prescribed the pill for me - i can't remember the name but it started with an R. For 2 months, so I could force myself to have 2 periods. One to clean out my womb (so to speak) and the other to try and kick start things hormone wise.

I've just finished it, now on CD 30 and BFN. :cry:
So now we wait and see if my first period starts on it's own and try again. So far. No signs. I was extremely sure I ovulated too.
Just disappointing tests.

I really felt pregnant. Bloating, sore boobs, sensitive nipples etc. But nothing. I was so heart broken.

Now I'm desperate to try again, but my stupid period won't show!

So my question is: anyone else struggling here??

I just had mine removed on the 24th April. Had crazy symptoms and started spotting two weeks later and I think af has arrived now (although whatever is coming out isn't making out onto a pad, sorry tmi) I think my hormones went kind of nuts as I felt so many symptoms.

I'll be following this thread as I'm not exactly sure what's going on with my body either since having this thing out. I definetly won't be getting another after this I had two stitches put in from the removal as the doctor who put it in thought it was a good idea to put it in deep. Not happy with the ugly cut on my arm.

I didn't have a problem after having the implant removed but when I had it back in it caused me to bleed for a year. Which is why I had it removed, and my cycles were irregular for a while after. They weren't hugely irregular, but irregular by say a week or so. This balanced out eventually.
My sister on the other hand, she isn't ttc and didn't have the implant but she was on microgynon for quite a few years and came off it because it gave her constant headaches. She's been off it for more than a year now and sometimes she won't see a period for a couple of months.
Artificial hormones can mess things up, it doesn't matter if it didn't before because each time you use it it can be different. Then when stopping bc it can give you what appear to be pregnancy symptoms as well.
Do you chart? If you don't, I would suggest you try it because it can be a useful aid to pinpoint ovulation and indicate if there are any hormonal imbalances or other issues. You will also hopefully see a pattern after a few cycles, if you don't fall pregnant in between of course.
You could try acupuncture to kickstart your cycles, make sure as well you are eating a good varied diet and taking supplements so you know you aren't low on anything. B6 I think is pretty important, so buying a good B complex will help. Although a decent prenatal or preconception multivitamin should be fine too

Hay I had the implant removed on 13th April af showed up on the 14 and lasted 6 days was pretty aggressive but put it down to 5 years having back to back rods my I had micrgygon pill before for 10 years beforehand I ttc which took me 4 months feeling af will show up soon so hoping cycles will return soon fingers crossed for some normality

Katiie any news yet how u feeling af showed up at 31 days so fingers crossed will slowly return and how some normality

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->