TTC after BF

lj2245

Reaction score
Hi :)

I have an 8 year old son and a 7 month old son. DH and I are keen to start TTC soon. I stopped BF when my baby was 5 months old and waited 40 days for my first AF. It came and went as normal but I then waited 39 days for AF to start again.

Is this normal? When in that period would I have ovulated?

Pre Pregnancy my cycle was 31 days. Will it eventually go back to that again? :wacko:

Stalking! Hopefully someone will reply. I am in the same situation except I've already had a period after 9 months of breastfeeding. I am still breastfeeding and had a one day period around the time I would have expected a proper one. I hate not knowing when to expect it and I really hope they are going to become irregular making it hard to work out ovulation. Anyway sorry that doesn't answer your question. :wacko:

I guess we are all different, I am breastfeeding my 1 year old and in my 2nd month of TTC. I got AF back at 8 months pp and have had pretty regular 27 day cycles after the first one, which was 35 days. However I now have a short LP, which is probably due to bf but it is slowly getting longer

I think it really depends on how your body works, ie how much breastfeeding you can do without suppressing oestrogen and progesterone which you need to get a regular balance. Once you get a couple of months of AF, I think it just takes time to regulate, for some it will happen pretty fast, others takes several cycles. The best thing to do if you really want to know what s happening and if it's regulating is by charting with temps. I have started to do that this month and can see that my cycle is now almost back to normal and this is my 5th cycle.

Stalking too. I stopped Breastfeeding at 9 months and he just turned 1, my cycles have been slightly different in the fact they're not always 28 days on the dot like they used to be and AF is loads heavier.

Im similar only im still bf a small bit, (although supply is super low!) af started back about 6 months pp and iv had 4 af all different length. I started temping as i susspected a short lp and last cycle ( my 2nd charting) showed an lp of 8 days. Defo worth trying if you want to confirm ovulation

Breastfeeding can mess with your cycles. They should regulate with time. I have got pregnant twice while breastfeeding. And I am still breastfeeding this time and ttc, I would say have a lot of sex. Unless you are charting etc (which I don't and never have) so you know when you ovulate just have sex every day/every other day for the whole of your cycle so ya can't miss it :winkwink:

Breastfeeding can mess with your cycles. They should regulate with time. I have got pregnant twice while breastfeeding. And I am still breastfeeding this time and ttc, I would say have a lot of sex. Unless you are charting etc (which I don't and never have) so you know when you ovulate just have sex every day/every other day for the whole of your cycle so ya can't miss it :winkwink:

Uff. I'm too tired for all that :haha:

I think we will just see what happens. The thought of charting and temping and BDing every single night sounds exhausting :haha:

AF came back 3 months post-partum (I had to do mix-feeding) due to serious weight gain problems with DD, and I ovulated early, like CD 9 or 10 instead of my usual CD14 or 15. I got pregnant so don't know how my next cycle would have been, but yes, they can be pretty messed up after birth.

Charting your temp isnt too bad once you get into it but you're ment to take it around the same time everyday as soon as you wake and after having at least 4 hours sleep so sometimes its impossible because of ds waking during the night but it still gives you a rough idea. Also checking cm is a good indicator of ovulation. Im sure as you have fully stopped bf your cycles will return to normal soon enough but as others said everyone is different. Gool luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->