TTC after Birth Control.. STRESSED OUT

KBP2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I am 27 years old and recently came off of birth control 4 months ago (June) so that my husband and I can start TTC. Since coming off the pill, my periods have been irregular and very light. My first "period" came July 31, and it only lasted 2 days! I got one positive ovulation test on Aug. 28 and got my next period exactly 7 days later on Sept. 4 and it only lasted 2 days as well. It is now Oct. 4 and still nothing!! Am i not ovulating? I have pains in my lower left side at certain times in the month. I spotted a week ago today.. dark brown color extremely light, only lasted for a day. Thought maybe implantation bleeding but I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative.. what gives?? anyone else go through this? I'm scared I might be infertile or that I'm not ovulating, and I'm so upset bc I just want to become pregnant!!! Thanks for listening.

Hi there, it is quite common for cycles to be irregular after coming off birth control. I would recommend that you start charting your BBT so that you can work out whether or not you're ovulating. It's quite easy once you get the hang of it and can give you some really useful information about your body.

I would also recommend reflexology. I tried it for the first time while TTC this baby after trying for 6 months with no success. I did have regular periods but despite having sex at the right time it just wasn't happening. Within 4 sessions (once a week) I was pregnant and I noticed positive changes in my body even after the first session! It isn't something I would ever have believed in before, but I was so frustrated I was willing to try anything, and I'm so glad I did. I also tried to relax more and just DTD every few days rather than every day or every other day around the time of ovulation. I think giving DH a rest and keeping him busy during the whole month :)haha:) might have helped too.

Good luck!

I agree wth the above poster about charting. I can understand how frustrating this is for you. After birth control my cycles ranged from 20-35 heavy and super light. It took over a year for them to settle on one number.

I wish you better luck than i had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"