ttc after breastfeeding

Jed

Reaction score
We weaned our dd 5 weeks ago but haven't been preventing anything for a few months. I realize I'm the person who has to wean to get af. With dd 1 I was given provera. I m/c before both my babes. Clomid for first. Femara for second.

TMI:I spotted brown for 6 days a month after weaning. This week I had one spot of red thinking for sure my body was finally starting to do what it was supposed to but the following day out was brown again.

I know it takes time but I feel we've been waiting a lot for nothing & I'm just looking for some support! Thanks In advance!

I have had trouble getting pregnant with both pregnancies. Heart broken when I had two miscarriages. I need some support as it's hard to talk to the women in my life. They never had to worry about ttc. I am a planner I like to have things to look forward to...i look forward to everything minus ttc it's so unknown. Will we be blessed

I am TTC while bfing my dd. I got AF at 9 months pp but my cycles are still not right, I have delayed ovulation and a short LP and have had 5 cycles now. I am only bfing twice a day and think I may have to wean to get totally fertile again. Sorry is probably no use to you as I am still bfing. How long were you bfing for, the longer that was, the longer it may take to get your cycles back to normal. However I would have thought it would be quicker than me as your prolactin should be back to normal with no bfing, whereas mine may still be a little too high! Who knows, our bodies do odd things at times, often when we least want it!

I breastfed for a year but I have never been regular. I only wish I could have an oops! I just thought since I was spotting maybe simething was gonna start working.

Give it some time. If you only weaned 5 weeks ago, your body is probably still adjusting. I am still breastfeeding my 20 month old and ttc (just started) and I also have late ovulation and a short luteal phase so I would think that by weaning those hormone issues should level out over time. Best of luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->