TTC after chemical/very early MC - A few questions.

KittyVentura

Autism Mum
Reaction score
Hello loves.

So I had my BFP last Monday. Missed AF on Weds. Confirmed BFP on a digi on Thurs and stopped testing there. Then started bleeding Sun morn which has got progressively heavy and was joined by cramps and the such. I believe this is classed as a chemical pregnancy. I'm sad but at the same time glad it happened so early. I feel more the subject of a cruel joke and like I never was pregnant at all rather than feeling like I lost something precious... I think it's making things easier to deal with.

I'm eager to jump straight back into TTC. I've gone with the assumption that Sunday should be classed as CD1 - Is this right?

I've never used OPKs and we were lucky to concieve last month (our first month of TTC) just by shagging lots around my predicted "fertile week". This will be our normal preferred method while TTC as Ian is keen for the fun part of trying to not become to clinical etc.

However this month I don't know if my fertile window will be the same as normal or if the early MC could throw things off so for this month I'd like to use OPKs. Mostly because I don't want to think AF is late when actually I haven't even ovulated yet etc. A good friend has suggested I start on around CD12 and use one mid morning and one mid afternoon. Could someone with similar experience tell me if that sounds accurate enough to capture my ovulation on OPKs?

Did those that have had chemicals find that their cycle the following month was the same/longer/shorter than normal?

Also, while I know it has no bearing on how soon we will fall pregnant again, any experience on falling pregnant again after a chemical? How long did it take?

Thanks all xxxx

Hi Kitty. So sorry this has happened:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I have nt had a chemical before but have had later miscarriages. It may be different for everyone but for me, i ovulated just as normal and got my AF at the same time as expected.

As it was a chemical i would definitely take sunday as CD1. Do you have a rough estimate when you ovulate? Only asking as CD 12 may be a bit late for you. Well it is for me as i ovulate day 10 or 11, and the OPKs will pick up when you are expected to ovulate in a 12-48hr period (varying on the type of OPK you buy).

So for me, i start testing day 7 and usually get a positive day 8 to 10. Then do the deed that day, miss a day (too knackered:blush:) then again for 6 days.

I dont know if i am much help but that is MY experience:hugs:

Thanks love. I'm pretty sure I ovulate between day 14-18. I might start testing earlier though to be sure.

xxx

Hi I had a chemical on the 21st june and I O'V a few days later then normal and AF was 4days late (I was hpt every day but no luck)I am haveing my first AF since the chemical so I dont no if it has made my cycle longer as I was only a 24day cycle and now this time I am 28 cycle but I will have to see what happens next time (well I hope not). I hope that helps you a bit

As for me, I normally have 28-29 day cycles and usually ovulate around CD 13 or 14. However, I had an early mc on June 17th and ovulated just 11 days later which by the way, was confirmed via ultrasound and OPKs. I don't think I had ever ovulated that early before, go figure. :shrug:

I usually start my OPKs at CD10, best to do them a bit earlier than necessary as sometimes ovulation can surprise you, on my BFP cycle I ov'd 3 days earlier than normal :)

Sorry for your loss and wishing you lots of luck with TTC! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->