TTC after Implanon removal

sabreNeric

Mother of one and TTC
Reaction score
I got my Implanon taken out on August 26 2009 after having it in for 11 months. The whole time I was on it I was completely miserable, I bled for the first 6 months straight and it finally stopped then I had an AF every other week sometimes every couple days.:growlmad:I also had horrible moodswings to the point where it almost ruined my relationship and I gained a lot of weight from it. As soon as it was removed I started to feel happier and more like my normal self.
Three days after I had it taken out I had a very short AF lasting about 2 days and now I keep feeling like im going to get another AF but it hasnt happened. I've heard it can take a long time to get pregnant after having Implanon removed and didn't know this when I had it put in. I assumed fertility would return to normal right away.
I have been taking Ov tests and I haven't had a postive one yet, But I started taking them the day my AF stopped and the line was almost as dark as the test line and since then have only gotten lighter and lighter, could I have already ovulated in the short time since my Implanon has been removed?

The doc told me fertility should return right away and most people will ov in the first couple of weeks but I don't know if that's true. :wacko:
I just got my implant removed about three weeks ago, had a really light AF right away but not sure if that means I could ovulate this month or not, waiting for the next proper AF.
Hope things get back to normal for you soon :winkwink:

Thanks, I've read a few others that have had implanon removed and they have had a light period right away too. I wonder if thats a normal removal side effect?

I have read a few posts from people who got their :bfp: even before their first proper AF. Maybe we will be that lucky too! :happydance:

Babydust hun!!... its been nearly ten weeks since i had it out.. still no AF.. no BFP.. I was told it only takes 48 hours to come out of your system.. but everyones different.. I will never have it in again.. I was fine on it but after having it removed my body just does not want to work at all.. I did however get a positive opk last saturday so im hoping i get my AF next week... :)

Hiya. Took me 6 months to get a proper period after implant removal, but i had no period at all on it. I had regular cycles of about 33 days with barely a day variation between and i have so far had a 92 day cycle, 43 day cycle, 33 day cycle, and am currently cd65... Hope your story is better than mine. Best of luck to you.

got mine taken out july 29.no af while on it.one af since and 3 + opk last week. hoping for a bfp baby dust to you!!!

i feel your pain, i bled for 2 years, very light though... didn't have moodswings or weight gain on it though, it was a very nice contraceptive for me in that regard.
eventhough it made me bleed for so long i'm going to take this again after baby

i got right back into my normal cycle after i got it out, yay

I was on the implant for ages, I had it taken out last summer.
My ovulation returned after a couple of months :)

Hey SabreNeric,
I had my Implanon removed 5th August 2009, exactly 1 week after I had 3 days of very light bleeding, old blood as was brown, never red, but had very strong AF like cramps. I ovulated 15/16days afer removal, and exactly 4 weeks after removal I got my 1st proper AF, I am currently on CD5 and it is tailing off now - barely there.

I am hoping this is my body back to normal - but I know anything can happen, I am trying to remain positive. I have my CB Digital OPK ready for this cycle.
Good Luck girls.x

Thanks for your replies everyone, I am really hoping for a BFP next month we try everyday. ;)

I had my implanon removed on the 9th of Aug (6 days ago) and I am yet to have a period. I know it is really early, but I have felt so light headed for the past 3-4 days. I am trying to concieve with my 2nd child, but I am unsure about how long this will take. I have had intercourse everyday since the day before the removal, so there is a possibility for pregnacy. I also started prenatal vitamins on the day I had the implanon removed, which could be the reason for my head feeling like a balloon. =0) Has anyone else had similar problems. I know it is too soon to have pregnacy symptoms, so I am hoping to get feed back about my problem.
Good luck to everyone for conception!

Hello there, I had my implant out on 25th August, did ovulation tests and was ovulating on the 28th and 29th August. My period came exactly 2 weeks after ovulation. I had implant in for two years, so shows how quickly it came back! My period had never ever been regular so was very surprised to see it return so quickly. Amy

i had my implanon removed just over 6 weeks ago, i ovulated a week after it being removed then had my first proper period 8 days later, i am now on day 28 of my cycle i have been ttc but its so frustrating because when do i class it as a missed period well providing af doesnt turn up because i dont know when shes due to turn up, i have had sore (.)(.) for nearly a week now and today i keep getting cramp and thinkin oh no here she comes only to find she hasnt (yet)

i have just made a thread about first period after implant removal, didnt realise this was here!!! doh teach me to check next time.

My implant was removed on fri 21st 10 days ago, i had spotting for 3 days wed-fri so like most on here very very light!!! last time i had it removed i had a normal period and cycle returned immediately!!
Still took 14 months to conceive though as i have a short lp, im taking vit b6 straight from the off this time so fingers very tightly crossed!!!!

good luck ladies xx

i had implanon inserted march 2010 after i had my lil boy and i bled for about 7 month straight afterwards i carried on have regular periods every month at same time and i had it removed on the 9th of this month but i was on period 3 days before and ime still on now ime just wondering would i be able to concieve straight away.

thanks

hi nicole

i had mine removed 16th sept ovulated a wk later then period came a wk after that but we wernt trying then so who knows if it would of happened or not lol but we started trying in oct and i fell preg on my 2nd cycle after having the implant removed unfortunatly i lost it early on in dec, but ive heard that your extremely fertile after having it removed not sure if this is true or not but good luck and hope u get ur bfp soon x

I'm soooooo bummed sum1 please sprinkle me with bby dust!
I had my implant removed 1-19-12 and got a pos hpt 2-13-12 but then AF 2days later they said it was a chemical pregnancy...I been trying since and jus got my AF for the month of march! Idk how I'm not preg yet!!! :[[

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->