TTC after laparoscopy

shx

Mummy to Amelia. TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hope im posting in the right place. Me and hubby had been planning on ttc #2 around october/november time this year but the last few months have been really tough for me. I've been in an incredible amount of pain to the point of passing out and taking literally as much prescribed painkillers as allowed just to get me through the worst days. It seems cyclic so they suspect I may have endometriosis and im having a laparoscopy on the 18th of December.

Im slightly anxious about ttc #2, a little disappointed that we now have to wait. Does anyone know how long we will have to wait until we can start ttc?

Have other people struggled after having this procedure?

Thanks for reading :)

Hi there! I just had my second lap literally a week ago today and was confirmed endometriosis. I had lap a year ago also to remove a very large fibroid that they thought may be aggravating the pain initially. I've been hurting for over 3 years. Constant. Every day. It wears you down. My Dr told me at my pre op that my only option for relief after this point was to have a child. We had been waiting to TTC #1 until spring next year but may have to push bit forward. Don't be worried about the lap, its really very low risk now. I did not get any relief from my end since its on the ovary and they couldn't remove it without damage, but you may be in a better boat. I do know it can greatly affect fertility the longer you have it....I have my post op next week to hear what they actually discovered as far as details.

hi there! I had a lap yesterday to check for endo and to remove a cyst. they removed the cyst and confirmed I had mild endo. my ovary was also tucked behind my uterus so they adjusted it. I will warn you laps can be pretty painful! at least for me it is. they put carbon dioxide in your abdomen and for a day or so after the procedure u get pretty bad gas pains in your shoulders and chest .. it's horrible! but invest in a heating pad!it helps.. along with your painkillers. today is day 2 and I'm a little better. gas pains gone just feel exhausted and muscles ache. chest is tight and I'm walking like an 80 yr old woman lol. u also bleed after the procedure like a mini period. I didn't know that until afterwards when I woke up from anesthesia and they handed me a pad lol. so I'm in the same boat as you. my typical af was due on the 18th.. now idk when it will come. some ppl say it will still come on time others say it can be delayed a few days to a couple of weeks so I guess everyone is just different . it also depends on if u have the procedure before or after you ovulate I think. I heard that you are most fertile right after a lap. they say to avoid sex for 1-2 weeks but when you feel ready it's completely ok. they actually encourage it if you are ttc and had a lap for endo. good luck to you! keep us updated! I have my follow up on the 18th so I'll let u know what they say so u can know what to look forward to ;)

I had a lap 3 years ago after suffering in agony for years. I was told by 2 doctors and a consultant that they were sure i didnt have endo but i demanded i had a lap because I couldnt go to work and was on verge of losing my job due being off. They found quite a bit of endo in 2 areas. After the consultant told me that if i wanted a family not to leave it too long as it was likely to come back. However I wasnt ready then so i took the pill and only had a break every three months as advised by consultant for 2 years. Started ttc in Jan 2012 took 8 months of trying before we caught. The month we caught we used preseed for the first time because id read that endo can upset the chemical balance for sperm and preseed can help......and it did for us.

Hi there, I had a endo laporoscopy beginning of this year but we weren't TTC then. My doc suggested I get to it right after my lap and there is a higher chance of conceiving withing the first 6 months of a lap. They drained my cysts and also sorted out my tubes which were probably a bit tangled before. So, it is a good thing and you will probably get a BFP right after. I am not exactly sure how much time you have to abstain but won't be more than couple of weeks. People start working even the day after a lap. I suffered a lot with shoulder pain (due to gas getting stuck there) but not everyone experiences that. Hope this helps.

WOW! I am so happy to see that most of you ladies got your BFP's shortly after the lap :thumbup:

Gives me hope!! I have mine in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->