TTC after laparoscopy

Ready4it

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the forum here. My husband and I have been TTC for over a year without success- nothing :(

Well 3 months ago, went to a doctor, said not to worry and keep trying. Well that didn't sit well with me, as I am 32 and I want some answers. I did research and found a great OBGYN and she started running tests immediately. All my labwork came back fantastic, sperm analysis was great, and she did an ultrasound to check for cysts... nothing. But, she said with my family history of endo and a few other painful things that go on throughout my cycle, she suggested we go in for a lap and also check my tubes while in there.

I am getting the lap done in a few weeks. I am excited? I think just because I want to move forward and hopefully get the answers to this crazy TTC journey.

Ladies, how was your lap if you had one? What level endo did you have? Did you have any success conceiving shortly after?

Thanks for your support everyone! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, I don't have any answers for you but I didn't want to read and run. I'm having a lap done at the end of September to remove an 8cm cyst from my right ovary. Hopefully, all will go well and I can finally start to ttc. Good luck to you! :flower:

Just wanted to do a quick update- I did end up having my lap almost 3 weeks ago. I am SO happy I did! They found Stage 1 endo, removed it and one of my tubes were blocked. Had a lot working against me. I started my period normally last week and am getting close to ttc again :thumbup::happydance:

I can only hope that things will happen naturally the next few months!!

i went for laporoscopy about amont ago and it turned out that i had alot of adhesions inside my tubes,the doc decided to make a laporotomy unstead,i didnt have a choice,2days ago i went for an hsg to determine if mytubes are open or not,iam so dussapointed that my tubes are still closed yet my laporotomy was done,i hope uas goes well.good luck

Hi All,

I am new to the forum here. My husband and I have been TTC for over a year without success- nothing :(

Well 3 months ago, went to a doctor, said not to worry and keep trying. Well that didn't sit well with me, as I am 32 and I want some answers. I did research and found a great OBGYN and she started running tests immediately. All my labwork came back fantastic, sperm analysis was great, and she did an ultrasound to check for cysts... nothing. But, she said with my family history of endo and a few other painful things that go on throughout my cycle, she suggested we go in for a lap and also check my tubes while in there.

I am getting the lap done in a few weeks. I am excited? I think just because I want to move forward and hopefully get the answers to this crazy TTC journey.

Ladies, how was your lap if you had one? What level endo did you have? Did you have any success conceiving shortly after?

Thanks for your support everyone! :thumbup:

Hi - I had a lap with hysteroscopy 3 weeks ago. I come off BC on the 15. I had very minimal Endo. The doc also removed a polyp and small cyst. We hope to TTC once AF comes and goes.

Good Luck! Baby dust!!

Good luck! My friend had a lap, had her tubes flushed & was pregnant straight after! :) :dust:

Hi.. I had laparoscopy with hysteroscopy on 11th oct . They found nothing much except for some tiny cysts on overies which have been drilled now...So doc gave us all clear ...Waiting for the AF to come and begin next cycle :)

Wish you all good luck

Nearly 3 weeks since my lap and dye,nothing was found but I'm hoping the dye gave my tube a good flush out:thumbup:

I am scheduled for a laparoscopy next month to check my tubes. After over a year of trying I have only conceived (3x, all miscarried) when I have ovulated from my left ovary, even though the right ovary is dominant ovulates the most. So my dr wants to make sure the right tube is open and also make sure everything else looks good. After the surgery we will also be trying clomid to get me to ovulate closer to CD 14 for better egg quality since I am a late ovulator.

For those that had the surgery already, how was post-op recovery for you? And how long till you were back to your normal self? I never had any surgery before and I'm kind of anxious.

The only pain I was in was trapped wind make sure you have peppermint tea,or cordial.good luck it's really not that bad

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all your replies... I still haven't got my BFP and am in the midst of cycle 3 after the lap and starting to lose hope. Just wondering if this is in the cards for me. I am so frustrated!! Hope some of you have had better outcomes. xo

Ready4it I feel the same, just awaiting 3Rd af since my lap :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->