TTC after m/c... scared!!!

S

stewie79

Hey everyone,

I miscarried last Monday, at 4 weeks. It was really hard, we had just gotten the positive test in the morning and were over the moon and then in the evening I started to bleed.
The worst part was that I couldn't tell my mom, whom I am very close to, because, well, she doesn't think I should have kids :nope:
I've been depressed for over 15 years, and take medication. I talked about it with my doctor 8 months ago and we sorted out the medication so that I could safely get pregnant. But obviously I haven't told my mom about it, because she will worry so much if she knows we are ttc. I haven't gone into this blindly, I've always wanted kids and we put it off because we wanted to be sure that I was ok and strong enough, and in the last 2 years I have been stable and feeling fine. My doctor okayed the pregnancy plan, so we decided to ttc a few months ago.

It was so hard last week not being able to tell my mom , I was devastated. But we have decided to ttc again, there were no complications so my obgyn said we could. I just really feel alone and I know that having one m/c doesn't mean the next one will end that way, but I am still so scared...

thanks for listening!

:hugs: I'm sorry for your loss x

I too didn't tell my immediate family after our loss. TBH they didn't know we were trying and I couldn't talk about the mc without crying. I did eventually tell my mum and I felt such a relief afterwards. I would recommend you talk it through with your mum. I am sure she will support you through this difficult time especially when you explain how well prepared you are.

I'm scared too if I fall pregnant again, but I just have to accept whatever happens as we are desperate to start a family.

I hope you get your sticky bean really soon xxx

Sorry for your losses Stewie and Carhar,

It's very scary to get pregnant again after a miscarriages, I'm on my second miscarriage and the last one has been so stressful. But we are not alone, there are lots of girls that I have had a similar experience and it's one of those things that we will never forget but that we need to learn to accept.

Things can only get better- the positive note is that a study done says that people that i have a mc are more prone to get pg again within six months from the last mc!
So if you feel ok and happy to TTC, let one cycle go to let your body go back to normal and then go for it again!

I'm on TTC -- hoping for a BFP soon!

Carhar thank you for your message and i really hope you get your sticky bean real soon too!!:hugs:

sunnysun, sorry for your loss :hugs: that must be so hard. I read several studies aswell that said you were more fertile after a m/c . Here is hoping it is the silver lining for all of us out there after our loss!

There is a lot of support here. I find it MUCH easier to TTC without ANYONE knowing but us. Just less questions to answer and there are plenty of people to share with here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->