TTC after MC@4weeks

B4bee

Reaction score
Hi ladies
This was my first pregnancy. I got a bfp at 12 and 13 dpo on many different tests including digital. 2 days later dh asked me to repeat the test and I got bfn. Next day I got AF. I had an ultrasound 2 days later and the doctor could not see anything. We did a HCG and came back 2. I really had a miscarriage at 4 weeks.:cry:
I have pcos and wonder if this happened before and I don't know because I never test early. Nurse said I should wait a cycle to try again. Do you guys think that I really have to wait? I really wanted to give a shot this month for many reasons since this is a well planned and wanted pregnancy.

It seems standard practice to tell people to wait one cycle, mainly for dating purposes, but a loss at 4 weeks doesn't usually affect your cycle so it shouldn't affect dating really. My first loss was quite early around 5 weeks, and I ovulated within 3 weeks and conceived my daughter straight away without waiting, and the pregnancy was perfectly fine so it's possible for things to work out without waiting. I personally think the earlier the loss was the less you need to wait as your body and cycle hasn't really changed that much to need to wait long for things to settle back down.

Sorry for your loss and good luck for the future whatever you decide x

Old advice was to wait a cycle but and lots of doctors still say that but more recent studies show there is no need to wait (as long as there are no complications). A lot more doctors are saying you can try right away these days. I had an early loss and got pregnant the next cycle too. She is two and a half now. We also have an 11 month old. My early loss didnt make a diference to my cycles it can throw things out slightly for some. If you are worried about dating you could use OPKs but these days they mostly go by your dating scan anyway.

Sorry for your loss.

I'd say go for it, I hd the same situation but had 5 days of positive tests but they weren't getting any stronger last cycle. I'm now pregnant again and feel confident, as my body was all prepped for pregnancy last cycle. Good luck, and sorry for your loss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->