TTC after miscarriage

Worriedk

Mummy
Reaction score
hi, this is my first time on this site. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I had a miscarriage with my 1st pregnancy at 8 weeks. I was devastated and still am. I needed a DC and have just taken my first period since (exactly 30 days after). My husband and I really want to ttc asap but I am so stressed. I can't help worry I will miscarriage again. I couldn't go through it again. Anyone got any advice on how to relax and even how to enjoy next pregnancy without stressing too much. My dr said they would do early scan but il be so worried!how likely is it to happen again?
Thanks

hi worried i also too am a newbie i had a m/c in may after 11 years ttc its very devastating hun but if its not meant to be there is nothing you can do about it luv xx
i too worry bout miscarrying again but if you think like that you are never gonna be stress free x
i had the worst m/c ever because i have asthma and had a heart attack at 32 surgery and tablets was not an option as there is side effects with asthma so i had to lose my baby naturally
unfortuanetly the baby in the sac plus a blood clot got wedge in my cervix and i had to have a dc while i was awake thats enough to put anyone off x
ive been offered early scan too but all this has not put me off look what you get at the end of it
good luck and if u ever need a buddy gimme shout xxxx

Hi wk, i don't think there's a poster in this forum who cant identify with being terrified it will happen again. Id love to offer you a magic wand to take the fear away, but the wand snapped and the only option we have is that time might allow us to come to terms with it, and the fear does diminish.

The only thing i know helps, is talking. If you bottle it up, it has nowhere to go but into anxiety - if you express it then it helps get it out of your system. You are in good company here, so if you need to post to get it out, thats the best advice i can give. I had a missed mc in March, and its only the last month or so that i have started to feel myself again. Its different for everyone, but the fact is you have had this experience now, so its part of who you are.

Nato x

Hi
Im a newby too. I have a 2 1/2 yr old son and had a misscarriage in June. I was also 8 weeks and misscarried naturally. We were keen to start trying as soon as possible as I knew in my heart that being pregnant again for me would help me to put it all behind me and look forward. Unfortunatly as my cycles are 39 days and my AF took 7 weeks to return we are still only in our first cycle of trying. Im now on my two week wait.
I think that my misscarriage will make me more anxoius this time around but im taking strength in all the women I have spoken to who had the same experience and have gone on to have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Stats say if you have 1 MC you are no more likely to have another with the next pregnancy than with the first one. I keep rmeinding myself of that. Im also using OPKs to help us fall again as soon as possible as these have really helped us in the past.
Good luck and take care xxx
Claire

Hey ladies

Bit of info: I am mum to two gorgeous little terrors, one aged 5 and one aged 2 but after 2 really poorly pregnancies and two emergency sections and a history of Downs we decided Tom would have the snip (25/6/09), all was fine and then April this year I found out that I was pregnant!!!!!! The same day I did the test we got a letter from the hosp to say his last sample had Motile (live) sperm in it!!!!!

After the shock settled in we were over the moon and so excited, then the unimaginable happened:-

I know exactly how you're all feeling, I had a horrific miscarriage on 25th june at 11 weeks, just before I was goin for my CVS test. I thought I would never ever stop crying, it really did hit me harder than I thought it would. I was still gettin positive pregnancy tests 6 weeks after having to have the medical management!!!!!! I was bleeding for 8 weeks constantly so they put me on progesterone tablets to stop me bleeding and kick start my cycle........That was in August..........Ive never had a problem ovulating and get a pain so know exactly when its happening, but to my disappointment I didnt ovulate so I bought some Chlomid of the internet. They made me feel propper crap but they did the job and I did ovulate Bank Holiday weekend.......

Anyway, sunday just gone (5/9/10) I was just exhausted and had a really blocked nose, all the signs that I always get. So, woke up at 2am Tuesday morning and decided to do a test and guess what???? Im PREGNANT!!!! My happiness is tinged with so much worry tho because although I miscarried at 11 weeks the baby was only 9, so Id had a Missed Miscarriage......

Trying to stay positive but its so so hard, feel like I cant get excited in case I jinx it!

I really do feel for you all cos I know how hard it is and I really do hope you all fall on cos us ladies deserve it!

I would try Chlomid tho if you can, 3 of my friends have also fall on after taking Chlomid for only one month (5 tablets)....

Good luck girls

xxxxx

congrats zoe mine was also a missed one should have been 11+3 but was 8+2
im diabetic so use metformin which is as good as
1st month using clearblue monitor just had 2 peak days so fingers crossed xx

Ooooo Ive got everything crossed for you babe......Do you have any children already?

Thats the only worry now, I didnt have any symptoms whatsoever when the baby miscarried, I only just been for a scan and seen the heartbeat too which is why I just couldnt get my head around it :( The first I knew was at 11 weeks and I just had the tiniest spot of brown blood, to be honest I wasnt even concerned.......When I rang the hosp the day after they sent me straight for a scan and I was just totally devastated and had the tablet management which was so painful I cant even describe it!! I was not offered the d&c cos Id had my breakfast......

Please please keep me posted and let me know how you've got on......crossing everything thats crossable for youxxxxx

no hun been trying for 11 years:nope:

i didnt have any symptoms at all went for 11 week check up no heartbeat then 2 weeks after baby and sac plus large blood clot was stuck in my cervix had to have a dc with no anaesthetic horrendous xxx

Thank you all for replying. It means alot to me hearing your stories and words of reassurance. Good luck to you all! I suppose it will always be hard to fully relax but the more people I speak to the happier I become as mc is so common. Think I will ttc this month again. Only trying one month last time so fingers crossed! Worried though people like friends and family will think I've moved on too quickly but the way I c it now is that I will never ever forget what could have been but I have to start looking forward to the future. Thanks again for all your comments. They have helped so much! X

Hi hun, I have had 2 m/c's in a row (and no children) so I completely understand your fear. The way I have to think about it is if I'm not pregnant then I definately don't have the chance of a baby. I'm terrified of miscarrying for a third time but if I don't TTC then I definately wont have a full term pregnancy. I just have to hope it's third time lucky for me. Good luck xx

Worried, only you and your partner can decide when the time is right for you two to ttc, you will probably find that friends and family will offer their 'opinions', but you know whats right for you and try not to let other people upset you. Talking to your partner is the most important thing i have found, afterall it effects them as much as it does you (although at the time it may not feel like it) Remeber to grieve

As for worrying, its completely natural, with every pregnancy ive had, ive been soo aware of every aspect of what my body is doing and wondering if what im feeling is normal. I was so superstitious that i wouldnt go out or even change my routine of the simplest things incase i jinxed the pregnancy.

Not every pregnancy ends in miscarriage, some people are very unfortunate if it has happened full stop, i wouldnt wish it on anyone and i send positive vibes to you all.

I MC on the 24th August baby I was 10wks 4 days anyway we decided to TCC straight away again. If and when I get pregnant again I know I will be a nervous wreck but I want a baby and so we need to do this. I know plenty of people who have had babies after MC and I take comfort that the same can happen to me.

I wish there was an easy solution to this fear but there really isn't one. I have lost 2 pregnancies early on and just got another BFP this week. I am terrified it's going to end too. I am just praying and having friend pray for me and for our pregnancy. Honestly, prayer is the only way I feel any peace right now. I would also say that time is a healer, and over time you might feel more ready to try again, it is such an emotional experience to lose a pregnancy make sure you give yourself time to grieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->