TTC after stopping BCP with PCOS!!

Hopebaby1

Reaction score
Hello all!
Went to the gyno today (who also works with infertility) and she said that I need to finish my current pack of BCP and then we can start trying to conceive naturally.
My problem, is that I have PCOS and before I started BCP I wasn't getting any period at all.
I am currently also on metformin and on a diet (lost 5 pounds) in two weeks. My doc told me that I should continue to lost weight and keep a healthy diet. I should eat no more than 50g's of carbs a day.

Just wondering if you all have any tips of trying to conceive naturally (ie pre-natal vitamins I should take) and tips for weight loss. I'm so excited to start trying but fear that my period still won't arrive, as it did not before BCP. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :happydance:

Hellooooo! I have PCOS as well. I was on BCP since a teen (13 years), I stopped when we wanted to have a baby and 10 months later was diagnosed with PCOS. I am now taking Clomid to help with ovulation. I would recommend looking for info on diet and supplements on this website https://www.pcosdietsupport.com/ I found some good info. I signed up for the emails, but after about 6 weeks I took myself off the list. I didn't do the pay subscription, I just read everything that was free and watched the free videos that I got through email.

I follow the PCOS diet. I take a ton of supplements including prenatal, folic acid, vit D, vit c, vit e, b comlpex, omega 3, red raspberry leaf, cal/mag/zinc combo. Coq10.

Good luck!

I have PCOS. I'm on Metfomin 1500mg daily, Vitex and Red Raspberry Leaf capsules. I ovulated on my own last cycle (1st cycle after having Mirena removed) and am waiting to ovulate this cycle. When I read ttc my daughter, my PCOS was undiagnosed and it took me 19 months to get pg because I didn't ovulate on my own.

I also have PCOS and I started on the birth control shot and then pill after having my son. Eventually when I decided to try again like you I didn't have regular periods and would go months at a time without one. After about 2 years of ttc I took Clomid again and got pregnant on the first round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->