TTC and Breastfeeding

LiLi2

Reaction score
Hi ladies! Our son just turned 1 and is still nursing a lot. I'm worried about getting pregnant and my supply drying up. Anyone have experience nursing through pregnancy? I'm hoping to make it to 2, but the thought of tandem nursing does intimidate me a bit. Lol I'd love to hear any experiences you mamas would like to share!

Hi LiLi! I hope you don't mind me joining you on this thread! I don't have any advice for you, but I'm in the same boat! My dd just turned 2 on May 7th & we are still breastfeeding! Right now DH & I are NTNP. I'm also not sure if I want to tandem or not... My "plan" is to not have a plan - just take it as it comes I guess. If I can make it nursing through pregnancy, I will. If my DD chooses to self wean, so be it. We will see 😊

Hi there! Congrats on making it to 2 years! That is such an accomplishment. I'm feeling the same way, I'll hope that he nurses through, but I guess if he doesn't, at least I tried. He's not too keen on solids and is still a major booby baby. Lol

Was wondering the same thing! My bub's only 8 months old but would love to give her a brother or sister close in age... She's still breast feeds a lot and my periods haven't return so don't know what my chances are??

Thank you! Congrats on a year! THAT is a big accomplishment too!!!!

And agreed - my girl is a huge boob girl! I can't see her giving it up anytime soon. Def NOT a "morning and night only" kinda girl!

BeautyQueen, women typically ovulate before their first postpartum period, so you definitely have a chance :)

Thanks BellaRosa. I don't see my son giving it up anytime soon either. He still nurses once in the middle of the night, and probably 8 times throughout the day. lol

The idea of tandem nursing is growing on me though. I imagine it would help him and the new baby bond, being able to snuggle up and nurse with him. Just wondering if it will leave me feeling really touched out. I could never wean him right now, he doesn't take milk in a cup or sippy, only from the tap. And breastmilk is still probably about 90% of his diet! I don't want him to feel like the new baby took something away from him, you know?

Yes! I completely agree. I've heard that bfing (being comforting) helps the older child through the transition of getting a new little sibling. It gives the toddler mommy time :)

Hi ladies! I'm in the same boat! We are ttc for #2 and our son will turn 2 in June. He is still breastfeeding lots! There's no way I will wean him until he quits on his own but honestly I haven't look into "tandem" nursing at all! Just hoping to go with the flow.

Hi Danielle :)

What cycle day are you ladies? I tested this morning at 9 dpo with a bfn.

CD 23 for me and I got my +opk last night. I tested this morning again and it was still + but I"m pretty dry. I'm surprise it's still +

Bd today too, just to be safe! Hope this is your cycle :)

Hi ladies. My LO is nearly 15 months and I'm now TTC no.3. My AF returned 4 weeks a go, and was then followed by a very short cycle and a LP of just 5 days. I'm now on CD5 and this AF seemed a lot more normal so I'm hoping to have a longer LP this time and hopefully get a BFP in a few weeks.

Good luck to everyone else x

Wow Ganton, I wish my period had stayed away for longer than 6 months. Lol!good luck to you, too! Keep us updated :)

Will be stalking to see how you get on! I'm also still breast feeding and not wanting to stop, wasn't sure if it would affect my chances of getting pregnant or not. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->