TTC and breastfeeding?

Patsy7

Reaction score
So we want to ttc #2 but my son has just turned 1 and still b/f quite a lot (especially at night).

my af havent returned yet so is it even possible?

anyone in the same boat?

any other ways to return fertility without weaning?

baby dust to you all! :hugs:

I'm TTC #2 right now. DS is almost 15 months, and AF came back at 11 months, but my LP is still WAY too short (only 7 days last cycle). So it doesn't look like it's going to happen for us any time soon, but you never know... My son only nurses 2-3 times/day. I've been boosting my B vitamins, so maybe that will help.

I've definitely heard of women getting pregnant without a period between babies. I'm not one of them, but it can happen. Other women need to wean completely and wait a few months for things to sort themselves out. Then there are all kinds of situations in between. Unfortunately, unless you've been through this before, you don't know how your body will respond.

In my experience so far, it's all just guess-work.

Good luck to you!

I went on a Whole30 (safe during pregnancy AND breastfeeding) when I was nursing my second-born, who was a few weeks old. Two of my kids are 11 months apart. For some reason, I tend to get pregnant directly after completing a Whole30 (3 times! 2 of those times, I was nursing). Worst comes to worst, you'll be healthier for it. ;-)

I'm TTC #3, youngest is 16 months and still nursing. My LP just hit 10 days (started out in the 6-7 day range) so I'm very hopeful - my partner has decreed that if we don't succeed by March, we aren't having any more (she is 42 years old and doesn't want to be over 60 with kids still in high school).

I found that introducing/increasing solids as well as increasing other fluids (water, cow's milk if that's cool with your family/dietary needs, almond milk, etc) has a pretty major effect on how frequently my kiddo wants to nurse. And it takes a surprisingly short amount of time for reduced nursing to result in return/re-regulation of cycles. Having said that, I also have a few friends who caught the first egg and were pregnant before ever having a post-partum period! :D FX for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->