TTC and endometriosis :(

Pbl - thanks! yes, my dr said that oestrogen can make the endo worse too, which is in line with some things I've read, such as this paper:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22271293

Ok so I had gone for my RE visit, well she was really upfront and told me that now my best chances of getting PG is through IVF (well I knew that was coming). She thinks my egg quality is not good so she wants me to do some test. In fact she thinks I might have to go for donor egg.
About endo she told me that it would be with me till I have menopause. She would not advise lap since she thinks it might hurt/damage my ovaries. Also yes high estrogen and endo are related. About how endo effect fertility she told that due to endo the tubes get blocked, the ovaries get hurt and the egg quality also starts decreasing. My one side is of no use it seems so she is banking on the other side :(

Oh I forgot to mention she told me to do Clomid Challenge Test, now I am freaking out that it wont come good and that they would tell me even IVF is not a option for me :(

Sorry you got bad news today, Coolstar. :hugs: I hope you pass the Clomid test with flying colors. It's better to have a clear picture of your situation in advance, so I think it's good that she wants to do it (although I have no idea how reliable that test is for gauging response from other drugs :shrug: ). How soon will that happen for you? :hugs:

Goldfish, I'm glad I'm not the only who takes to pubmed for my i/f reading! :haha:

I'm now officially waiting on AF to come so that we can start the injections. :happydance: I've been benched since my bfn in early June, so I'm really excited to try again!

Sorry you got bad news today, Coolstar. :hugs: I hope you pass the Clomid test with flying colors. It's better to have a clear picture of your situation in advance, so I think it's good that she wants to do it (although I have no idea how reliable that test is for gauging response from other drugs :shrug: ). How soon will that happen for you? :hugs:

Goldfish, I'm glad I'm not the only who takes to pubmed for my i/f reading! :haha:

I'm now officially waiting on AF to come so that we can start the injections. :happydance: I've been benched since my bfn in early June, so I'm really excited to try again!

pbl I am so excited for you :happydance: , FXed for you :thumbup: Keep us posted.

Well yest evening was a roller coaster ride for me, to be told that my egg quality might not be good due to which I may have failed IVF also. But we decided that our next step would be IVF. But it will take us 2-3 months more since we have to prepare ourselves financially. I am sure if there is a will there is a way. And thank you all for the support. It really means a lot to me :)

Coolstar - aw boo to your news! don't let the dr put you in a negative frame of mind though, no one knows what will happen when you do IVF and there is no way to determine what quality your eggs/embryos will be until you actually do it! My friend has endo, had a great response to IVF with lots of eggs, bfp!! I'm not sure why they want you do the clomid challenge test though? If your body fails the challenge, that doesn't prove that your IVF will or wont work?!

Pbl - tee hee, I use PubMed quite a lot actually! And I hope this the last time I say this to you, but hurry up AF!

AFM, I'm supposed to have my blood tests and follow-up done at my next AF (before starting IVF #2) but I have a feeling it's going to be very late because im only getting mucus yesterday (assuming I O yesterday then AF comes in about 2 weeks)

Coolstar - aw boo to your news! don't let the dr put you in a negative frame of mind though, no one knows what will happen when you do IVF and there is no way to determine what quality your eggs/embryos will be until you actually do it! My friend has endo, had a great response to IVF with lots of eggs, bfp!! I'm not sure why they want you do the clomid challenge test though? If your body fails the challenge, that doesn't prove that your IVF will or wont work?!

Pbl - tee hee, I use PubMed quite a lot actually! And I hope this the last time I say this to you, but hurry up AF!

AFM, I'm supposed to have my blood tests and follow-up done at my next AF (before starting IVF #2) but I have a feeling it's going to be very late because im only getting mucus yesterday (assuming I O yesterday then AF comes in about 2 weeks)

Thank you so much Gold. So you would be going for your IVF#2 next cycle right ? Don't worry it is just 2 weeks and it will fly soon.
I would be going with IVF with a different RE. Didn't feel very comfortable with her and the irony is that she is herself PG.
If you don't mind me asking, did they ask you for a Clomid test. What are the steps they usually tell besides Blood work/ultrasound to prepare for IVF.

Oohh and I forgot to mention Gold that I had read somewhere that CoQ10 helps in producing better quality egg.

Coolstar - yep I've read that about coenzyme Q10 too (as well as DHEA, and possibly wheatgrass and royal jelly or something? Don't quote me though...). For me personally, I'm more worried about quantity rather than quality of eggs, but it's definitely something I'd consider taking if the next IVF doesn't work. I'm hoping to get all my test and scans done in time so start BCP at the next cycle, so that I can start the downregulation drugs in September after I get back from holidays (doing the long protocol).

As for the clomid challenge - no I wasn't asked to do it. I had an AMH test done and it came out very low, then I had a scan and I had very low antral follicle count as well, so already likely to have poor egg reserve, which is why I was given a high dose of stimulation drugs. Other tests you might have before IVF are the FSH, LH and oestradiol. I think it's a good idea to switch REs if you don't feel comfortable. Im doing my second IVF at a different clinic because I didn't think my first clinic was equipped to deal with poor responders like me.

Goldfish it may be worth trying some supplements (coq10, dhea, epa, etc) to maximize quality in advance of your next round. Some women have have good success in raising amh with similar regimens. If you haven't read the first page of Lil's journal, it's worth a look:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...luz-has-tpp-40-lttc-1-rmc-parl-mthfr-amh.html
Another obsessive researcher and ltttc with a very happy ending. :flower:

Cool, not sure about prepring for ivf. :shrug:

:dust: to all....

I have started with Coq10 from my last cycle . Thought no harm in trying.

Gold : Did you ask them why your last cycle failed and what can you do different this cycle to make it a success.

pbl: Did AF show up ?

Pbl - DHEA is not licensed in the UK so I think doctors here aren't quite as keen on it as doctors in the US! I asked 2 fertility doctors (at 2 different clinics) about taking DHEA and neither of them believe in it! I think you need to take those things for at least 3 months for it to have an effect, so I'd prob consider it if the next IVF failed!

Coolstar - I honestly think my last IVF was BFN because of bad luck. the chances weren't great because I responded very poorly to the stim drugs and only got 2 eggs - 1 looked abnormal so they discarded it so I only really had 1 egg left. It fertilised and the embryo was good quality, but I had to have a 2-day transfer because they couldn't risk it any longer just in case (better to be inside me than outside). I think if I can just get a few more eggs next time then I have a better chance because then they can grow them longer and choose what to put back. Next time they are putting me on a different stim drug and on higher dose!

Well I did some research and found out that ladies with endo should not take DHEA. Actually DHEA gets converted into testosterone and estrogen. And endo ladies should try to be away from extra estrogen as possible. Also I found out that Bee propolis/ royal jelly is good. Helps with low AMH and BFP. I will do some more research and let you ladies know.

Gold I am sure this time the drug will work and you will have lots of eggs. FXed for you.

That's really good to know about the DHEA! I started off very afraid of supps bc they haven't been well-studied and you never know how they'll work with your body chemistry. At this point, aside from vitamins , I'm only on coq10 and bsby aspirin. I asked my doc about them and he said he puts them both in the same category: some evidence they might help, none that they'll hurt, so perfectly fine to take them. I didn't ask about any of the 8 billion other supps people talk about here.

Sorry for the bad rec, Goldfish!

Today is supposed to be my first injection, but I'm still waiting for confirmation from the clinic about yesterday's blood test. OH is theoretically injecting me, but not likely today because we're in the midst of a rare fight. :grr: There is a possibility it's related to AF hormones :blush:, and me being upset when my nephew (age 8) badgered us about having a baby, but I'm still waiting for an apology. :sulk:

Big hugs to everyone. :hugs:

Oh those fights..... I rem once I had a big fight with my DH the day after I got +opk (suppose to ov that day) and I was like I don't want to talk with you but still we need to BD. LOL :)

I hope u guys dont mind me posting here as im not yet ttc but I have endo, diagnosed with lap sept 2011, i have had two laps for it, both within 6 months of each other, I came onto here to look for people who have endo to see what my chances are of actually conceiving when I do start trying. I am terrified that endo will stop me being able to have a baby. After my laps my gynae told me I should have a baby to help me with the excruciating pain I get which I thought was very insensitive because he doesnt no that I actually can have a baby.

I decided to go see a new gynae and he put me on zoladex which puts ur body into a temporary menopause and this has given me my life back, obviously cant get pregnant on it and thats why Im waiting until october because thats when my final injection wears off.

Can I ask you ladies that were diagnosed with endo before you started trying did your gynae give you any tips or say when to see a doctor if you hadnt conceived. I no as a general rule its one year but im hoping as i have endo they would give me a shorter time frame

Welcome, INMT. :hi: I'm no help onyour questions, but just wanted to say that lots of endo women have no trouble conceiving. Hope you're one of them!

thanks me too, Iv suffered since I was about 9, without going into the whole theory of my endo etc i think that it means the places i have the endo are the only places it would be and i believe these are the common areas (pouch of Douglas and right ligament, with a little on pelvic wall) and shouldnt have any impact on my fertility but I cant help but worry as nothing seems to help with it until Iv tried zoladex which has felt like a life saver and hope it has shrunk the deposits

Welcome itsnowmyturn, well for me since I don't show any sings of endo I was diagnosed with endo after I started ttc. We tried for 7/8 months then went to doc and he told me to do some blood work. My progesterone was very low, gave me 3 rounds of clomid. After that I changed doc and the next doc told me to do some u/s and it was then I was diagnosed with endo :( Then I went to RE and she told me IVF is my best option :( . Having said that, I have read many cases where endo ladies do conceive naturally. But Yes our chances are far less then normal ladies and ultimately everything depends on luck.

Just wanted to ask does any of you ladies know what is Lupron Depot shot and why is it given ?

Welcome itsnowmyturn, well for me since I don't show any sings of endo I was diagnosed with endo after I started ttc. We tried for 7/8 months then went to doc and he told me to do some blood work. My progesterone was very low, gave me 3 rounds of clomid. After that I changed doc and the next doc told me to do some u/s and it was then I was diagnosed with endo :( Then I went to RE and she told me IVF is my best option :( . Having said that, I have read many cases where endo ladies do conceive naturally. But Yes our chances are far less then normal ladies and ultimately everything depends on luck.

Just wanted to ask does any of you ladies know what is Lupron Depot shot and why is it given ?

Lupron is very similar to zoladex which im on in that it stops your hormones, i has worked for me but you cant get pregnant on it and theres no guarantee u will be more fertile, it is supposed to shrink the endo deposits by starving them of their hormones.
I didnt think they could diagnose endo with u/s my u/s didnt show a thing and they can only see the cysts not the actual deposits which could mean you have the cysts but no endo, without a lap they cant (and shouldn't) tell you for certain you have it without a lap.
what i do no is that many people with endo find that after a lap they are more fertile for the next 6 months so i would really push for one if i was you.

Im so sorry its taken so long to get answers, i couldnt even imagine not being able to conceive without a reason, not being able to conceive would be bad enough but no explanation is just unreal. I really hope you can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Endo really is a sucky sucky disease :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"