TTC and Sudden Enlarged thyroid

NadiaSweety

Reaction score
My DH and I have been TTC for 5 months and I am at 15dpo. I got a BFN yesterday but still no AF. Those frustrating facts aside I have become concerned about a lump on my neck. I thought that I was just fighting off some cold or the flu because I had family in town that were sick. But they left after the new year and the lump on my throat has not gone away. Its been almost 5 weeks. My Mother-in-law mentioned to me that it could be my Thyroid and I should have it checked out.

I made an appointment for Monday to see my doctor about it. I am so nervous about the whole thing. I keep thinking through all the possibilities. What if it is cancer? what if I need surgery? What if I am already pregnant and my thyroid is under or over producing? I am freaking out.

does anyone else have experience with thyroid issues? Please share your experience. I need to know that it is going to be alright.

Hi hun. Didn't want to read and run. It's most likely not harmful [I've had both thyroid issues and swollen lymph nodes in the past that turned out to be nothing serious and was treated with medication] - only time to worry would be if it's painful or popped up overnight or if it's "assosiated with result of an injury, or you have chest pain, palpitations, difficulty breathing, change in consciousness, inability to swallow, or hives or swelling of the throat, face or mouth." [That last part I copied of a website about neck lumps and causes].

I hope everything turns out ok! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"