ttc at 40 help

harley9671

Reaction score
hiya all..im 40 and ttc for 6 months with no luck:cry: its my 1st month of trying the clearblue fertility moniter.had 4 high days and peaked on cd14. is anyone else using a moniter? how long for? really low as time is running out for me..I have a 13yr old boy but my partner has none. Im on my 2week wait now before testing which im totally dreading as i really do feel that its not going to happen for us...any advice or just moral support pls x

hiya all..im 40 and ttc for 6 months with no luck:cry: its my 1st month of trying the clearblue fertility moniter.had 4 high days and peaked on cd14. is anyone else using a moniter? how long for? really low as time is running out for me..I have a 13yr old boy but my partner has none. Im on my 2week wait now before testing which im totally dreading as i really do feel that its not going to happen for us...any advice or just moral support pls x

:hugs:

Hello :hi: I'm 40 and TTC #1.

I am on my 2nd cycle of using a CBFM and temping/charting. It will take your monitor a couple of months to fully learn your cycle but 4 days of high seems normal for the first month temping and I had 4 days of highs the first month too :)

The 2WW can be awful but the best advice I can give is do NOT symptom spot :ban: It is hard not to do but you will drive yourself insane if you do it. I used to do it and I went a little gaga every month but the last 2 cycles I haven't symptom spotted at all and have felt really calm about it all.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for your BFP :dust:

Hi Harley, im 39 (40 in 4 months !) and ttc for 13 months. I have been using Clearblue ovulation sticks on and off but had no luck so far :cry: I think we have an added pressure because of our age, even though many women still conceiving well into their mid forties. I also have a son who will be 13 on July 16th & my partner has no children too. Im just coming to the end of my TWW and my :witch: is due any day now, i really thought this month it may happen for us. Fingers crossed for you keep in touch on how things are going x :flower:
sending lots of :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I'm 40 as well -TTC #1. I agree with everything Macwooly said.

I use the CBFM too, and this is my second month using it. I "think" it's relating to me better this time, but I'll have to wait and see. My cycles have been crazy since I started all this in Feb/March, but I think I'm getting back on track.

RESIST the symptom spotting urge. It nearly drove me INSANE that first time. They are all pretty much the same as when AF shows. So, until she's late, I'd try to disregard the symptoms.

Good luck!

hi all..Yep symptom spotting! My mind is inventing its own symptoms now..On my 2ww due to test around the 17th july..Have any of you been to your GPs for advice/ help. I f so what was there reaction coz of our age? Think if i dont get a:bfp:this cycle will go and see mine but even if your dying there not very helpful...
:hug:to all Hope we will all get our very much wanted :bfp: soon x

I am so fortunate to have a fab GP who has said that the only thing my age is affecting is that I can start my testing now not after 12 months of trying :thumbup:

She is very down to earth and refuses to judge a man or woman's fertility based on age all she says is well you have less eggs than when you were 20 and that's it :)

Hi Harley :hi:

I'm 41 and TTC#1, just try and stay calm, time isn't running out, this TTC stuff just takes a little longer for us!!:flower:

I'm not using the CBFM, just OPK's for me. My Dr was of the same opinion as Macwooly's, she said to me you and DH are healthy, good diet, okay weight, you've just got to give it a bit more time and have loads of :sex:. Makes me giggle to think of us 'oldies' at it like :bunny: who says we're past it??!! :gun:

Chin up hun, don't get too down before you've started we're all here for you :hugs:

I've never used a CBFM but have heard great stuff about them. As long as your using something that will help you to work out your 'fertile window' and your shagging lots during that time, then you're in with a good chance. I agree with the others about no symptom spotting. And stay away from Dr Google!

I've never used a CBFM but have heard great stuff about them. As long as your using something that will help you to work out your 'fertile window' and your shagging lots during that time, then you're in with a good chance. I agree with the others about no symptom spotting. And stay away from Dr Google!

Oh now c'mon, you know Dr Google is who we consult about everything! Lol :wacko:

Welcome to the Insanity of trying to have a baby!!!

Yes well....while I can give the advice to stay away from Dr Google...I cant follow it.

Hi Harley and girls,I'm also 40, OH 40 TTC #1 :flower:

We are on to our 5th cycle ttc,this is my 2nd mth using CBFM.

I def agree with not symptom spotting,it drives me insane:cry:,so not doing it this mth..

I've been to DR and got the The laparoscopy and dye test,all clear.

Pregnant in December and lost at 5wks,started trying again in March,think we had a chemical in March and no luck since,so we will just keep trying to we get our BFP...

Goodluck everyone...xxx

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Hi Goldie :wave:

Lots of luck and baby dust this cycle coming you way!!!

:dust::dust:

I am 40 too, last month. I have 17 year old boy, partner has none.
We also been trying for 6 months, been charting all time but this is the first month of OPK tests... Only on CD4 at the moment though. I am taking Chinese remedies this month to improve egg quality and ovulation, so I feel your pain I really do... Very frustrated and just want to start a family together and get on with the rest of our lives.

I'm also 40. I have a little boy aged almost 6 months and it took us 20 months to get pregnant with him. I tried everything - tons of supplements, acupuncture and the Clear Blue monitor. What I think finally worked for us was royal jelly and bee pollen. I came across a thread on another site called fertilitycommunity.com and loads of women on there had managed to get pregnant after taking it for a few months. Apparently it helps with egg quality and takes about 3 months to work, which was the case for us. I bought mine from a place called Apitherapy. I'll be honest - it is really sweet and kind of yucky, but anything for that BFP!! If you do get it you are supposed to only eat it off a plastic spoon - not metal and not eat or drink anything hot for about half an hour after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->