TTC at home insemination for first time

cuddlebugluv

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So, DH and I are trying the at home insemination instead of the very expensive IVF with a KD and I'm not sure I'm doing it right :nope: I would really appreciate some help figuring this out and some success stories to keep my spirits as high as they can be. :flower:

I bought soft cups to try, but does Preseed really make the difference? should I do a combination of syringe and soft cup? or should the KD leave a sample into the soft cup with preseed put into it? The last two attempts I've just done a sterile cup with syringe, no pre seed or any other assistance so I'm wondering if that is the problem to begin with.

I also am curious, I've read that some leave their samples to rest while others put the samples in right away, is there such a thing as sperm being so sensitive to light that they weaken and die off? I've so many questions lol, thanks so much! :flower:

Pretty sure sperm exposed to the air would die off pretty quickly, I may be wrong but something to Google. Also I would use Preseed rather than just right in a sterile cup without anything. Or the soft cup idea is a good idea I think

Thank you for replying :), I'm thinking by letting the spermies sit out for 15 minutes likely contributed to the failed attempts so far, especially without the preseed. I am going to go purchase pre-seed today and hope for the best come the next cycle. For those who are also in my boat I'll keep updating my progress in hopes of helping. Thank you for sharing your input, it's helped already :D

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it seems to make sense that sperm may die off if left out. May be worth having a Google though

Sperm can only survive for around 3 minutes outside of the vagina/cervix if you needed to know. Amazing how the swimmers can live for up to 5 days inside though!

Sperm can only survive for around 3 minutes outside of the vagina/cervix if you needed to know. Amazing how the swimmers can live for up to 5 days inside though!

I have always wondered how long they could live outside of the body, so thank you for this! Some say sperm can live up to seven days, some say five days. I guess it depends on the sperm

So the advice on letting the sperm sit to liquify is a bad idea afterall? That may have been the issue, but what can I do? we're using a KD and the instead cup, so aside from preseed how can I make this thing work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->