TTC BABY #2 - ALWAYS OVULATING

misfitsammi

Reaction score
My husband and I are trying to conceive baby number 2, for our first we had to have help via clomid. I’m using the Flo app and tracking ovulation, however I seem to be doing ovulation tests every day and they keep coming back positive. My last period ended 31st July. Does anyone else get constant positives? I just don’t know what’s going on! Xx

have you got a picture x

How positive is your test? It’s a dark line or just faint? I wouldn’t consider it positive unless it’s dark.

Have you googled? A quick google showed high levels of LH can mean either perimenopause (which is unlikely if you’re still below 40!) or PCOS. Do you have any signs And symptoms of PCOS Perhaps? Definitely chart your bbt and I’d make an appt with my dr.

Other idea... perhaps you’ve got bad ovulation tests that always show up positive.

How positive is your test? It’s a dark line or just faint? I wouldn’t consider it positive unless it’s dark.

Have you googled? A quick google showed high levels of LH can mean either perimenopause (which is unlikely if you’re still below 40!) or PCOS. Do you have any signs And symptoms of PCOS Perhaps? Definitely chart your bbt and I’d make an appt with my dr.

Other idea... perhaps you’ve got bad ovulation tests that always show up positive.

I did google it, however I only found the thread for perimenopause and freaked myself a little as I’m only 30.
I did suffer from PCOS, which is why I struggled to conceive my daughter (she’s 4 now), however a couple of years ago I managed to conceive naturally but sadly it wasn’t meant to be. Now I seem to be struggling again.
I think i may take your advice and see a doctor. thank you x

I have PCOS. When we were first TTC before I knew I used OPKs, took my temp, checked my cervix, etc. My OPK was positive every day or other day for a few weeks, but my chart never confirmed it with my temperature. When you have PCOS it can go positive because your body is constantly trying to ovulate, but doesn’t succeed so it surges again. That’s what causes the “cysts”. I took femara and they had me come in for bloodwork once I had a positive OPK to confirm ovulation. With my first I ovulated the first month. With my second I got positive OPK’s and the bloodwork came back that I didn’t actually ovulate. This time I got pregnant naturally, but we were t trying so I wasn’t tracking. I recommend going to your OB and having them do some hormone bloodwork to see if things are in balance and use other methods of tracking with the OPK. Temping is annoying, but it is helpful.

PS. - PCOS can cause issues with progesterone if you do ovulate and the egg gets fertilized. My OB has me start the moment I had a line and did bloodwork to check my levels.

I have PCOS. When we were first TTC before I knew I used OPKs, took my temp, checked my cervix, etc. My OPK was positive every day or other day for a few weeks, but my chart never confirmed it with my temperature. When you have PCOS it can go positive because your body is constantly trying to ovulate, but doesn’t succeed so it surges again. That’s what causes the “cysts”. I took femara and they had me come in for bloodwork once I had a positive OPK to confirm ovulation. With my first I ovulated the first month. With my second I got positive OPK’s and the bloodwork came back that I didn’t actually ovulate. This time I got pregnant naturally, but we were t trying so I wasn’t tracking. I recommend going to your OB and having them do some hormone bloodwork to see if things are in balance and use other methods of tracking with the OPK. Temping is annoying, but it is helpful.

Stupidly, I thought this was going to be easier this time round. I think now that a couple people have suggested it I will keep a log of my bbt. I’ve never checked my cervix, another thing I’ll have to google because I wouldn’t know what to look out for.
Thank you for your help! ❤️

1174EEDA-93DA-4C8C-8822-21A65AFB31AD.jpeg

Hi hun they aren’t positive the line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line to be positive. It isn’t like a preg test.

There are always a line on the LH tests because our body always has some sort of LH to detect. Unlike pregnancy tests a line doesn’t always mean positive. Both lines have to be the same color or the test can even be a bit darker. They do have some digital ones that give a smiley or whatever instead of looking at lines, but they are a bit more expensive.

Temping can be annoying, but it’s helpful. I suggest taking it vaginally over orally because if your mouth is open or you stir it will be slightly off. Cervix position can be difficult and unreliable, but checking cervix fluid is a little easier.

As others have said, that isn’t positive. A pregnancy test is positive with two lines but an opk needs to look like below to be positive - test line as dark or darker than control

CB86C7F6-1C34-479E-973A-901F1FED02F0.jpeg 59692E38-21D5-4F09-A601-D5F4EE6B37C2.jpeg

Like the others have said that is not positive.
Try the femometer app. It will analyse the test and tell you if its high or peak even in the free mode.

Hi hon
There not positive.
The line has to be as dark or darker than the control line.
20200914_152517.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"