TTC baby #2 & would like to chat to others :-)

sparrow82

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

myself and my wife are ttc a second child with a donor using AI. We have a daughter who is 10 (mine from a previous relationship many moons ago) and we have been on the rollercoaster since April '11. It's been a long road with a miscarriage, tests, a laparoscopy, discussions around IVF and then finding a new donor!

It's hard to not let it get to us sometimes and all of our friends have gotten pregnant or just had babies and they started trying after us! I'm hoping good things come to those who wait!
Anyway, I try to talk to my friends about it but they dont understand what it's like as they are in straight relationships and obviously ttc is less stressful (generally speaking).
So I thought I would pop along here and say hi and hope that it will help chatting with other mums and mums to be who have gone through added ttc stress of using a donor and stuff. Sometimes I wish it was easy to forget about but you have to know every single move in your cycle hey!

Anyway, hello again :flower: I hope you are all well whatever stages your at xx

Hey!!!
We are in the UK too - we know how you feel. None of our friends are trying for a baby either so we are all alone. We are having a short hiatus at the moment as my wife needs an operation in January. We done 4 cycles so far but it feels like a lot more.

Where abouts in the UK are you? xxx

Hey thanks for your reply! We are in Sheffield, it's a bit icy here today! Sorry to hear you're having a break but it sounds like its for the right reasons. I hope your mrs is ok.
We are hoping to catch up with all these babies and bumps that are around us, it's gotta be our turn soon! X

Hi Ladies

We're also in Sheffield Sparrow, Im currently 12 weeks pregnant with our first child conceived via donor sperm at home.
Happy to chat and offer any advice (not that I by any means think we're experts lol) xx

Thanks Katie, I think it really is all about timing. This time round we have a donor who lives near to us and is able to donate as many times as we need during the window as he is only helping us. Which is good as it takes some of the stress out of it. I hope it'll fall into place for us soon [-o<
Hope you're feeling well :flower: x

Ahh I agree, timing is crucial, we fell pregnant the month we had more than one donation too which I feel helped.
Much luck to you both! It will happen, just keep believing, hard as that sometimes is. I honestly never thought I'd be carrying our child but it does and will come true! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->