TTC buddies turned Mommies thread!

Sideways 8

2 toddlers
Reaction score
Hey yall! Thought my TTC buddies who are all now mommies would like a general thread to keep up with each other. Or just chat in general.

I'll begin by saying Bonnie will be 2 months on Wednesday already. Which means I go back to work next month :( part of me can't wait to get back, but part of me wants to stay home so I don't miss a thing with her milestones... Oh my.. I really don't want the daycare or nanny to hear her first word or see her first steps. :(

Staying home isn't an option though. I guess we will just have to take this one day at a time.

Hi Sideways!

I can't believe Bonnie is almost 2 months! It must be so hard to contemplate going back to work.:hugs:

Hiiiii!!! We were only a week apart in due date, but our babies are a month apart in age!! lol. Caleb was 4 weeks old yesterday... I'm contemplating not going back to work and being a SAHM for those very reasons... I just can't imagine putting him into care, even for only a day or two a week!!! :( :hugs:

flying - If you can manage to be a SATM for even a year or two it would be a great benefit for everyone (except your bank account! ) - but it seems you really love your job too so it'll be tough for you!

I would love to stay off work for at least two years, but I don't think that's going to happen..

Sideways - how does infant care work this early (are there daycares that take 3 month olds?)

Even for us here, when we go back to work after 1 year maternity leave, it's tough to find daycare.. My friend, whose baby will be 5 months older than mine, was wondering if I'd consider hiring a personal nanny to watch our babies - it would be cheaper and more convenient than finding and paying for day care for the two of them!

I know that if I do go back to work, I'll be using home-based care (Caleb will be only 10 weeks when the shop opens up in Jan) cos there's noooooooo way I'd put my baby into a centre!!!

Yeah most daycare places will take newborns as young as 3 weeks. Because they know how muxh maternity leave people get (or should I say how little...)

Either way, with DH's work schedule in consideration, we'd only have to put her in care for 3 weeks each month, and then not even full weeks. Three to four days at most. However, I'd much rather find some lady who just watches kids in her home as opposed to a business-type daycare. So we are steadily looking at and weighing all options right now.

Hey everyone!

Looks like I'm going to end up being induced tomorrow after all. After 2 sweeps, still nothing, apart from lots of irregular bump tightenings, Sprout just does not want to come out.

Very nervous about the induction, they only have to break my waters, said I won't need the gel due to the cervix being 2-3cms already, but am more than aware that if nothing happens in their timeframe, they'll take me for a c-section (which I so don't want!)

I was considering turning the induction down, due to the nature of it making labour harder, thus more need for an epidural, and possible chance of instrumental delivery, but figured if things don't move and I need a section, I'd rather it was all calm and controlled, than if I waited til next week on monitoring and something goes wrong resulting in an emergency section.

Think I'm going to have a very restless night, but at least I get to be in my own bed, and then wait for the all important phonecall in the morning.

Will update you all as soon as I can! Xx

hope it goes as smoothly as possible MissSazra!

btw - maybe I commented on this before but I think your 3D image is the best I've seen!

Hey everyone!

My yellow bump turned pink at 12:02 this afternoon after just 8 hours in labour and 30 minutes pushing. Poppy Ann Byford is perfect, and a very healthy 9lb 1oz!!!!

I managed on gas and air although the pain was getting bad enough for an epidural but when the mw checked me she said it was too late and it wouldn't get done in time. So I got the birth I wanted, if kind of by default! Lol

I am so in love, she's perfect!

Sorry, double post! Still in hospital on phone!

omg, YAY!!!! huge congrats!! update us with your story and pics when you're able to!

Congratulations MissSazra!! I'm so happy for you. I'm so proud that you were able to make it through the pain!!

Soo... has anyone heard from Turtle or Harli? Maybe they're just so busy... or only really needed BnB during the TTC phase, since we all decided to keep TTC a secret and just needed a place to vent! (?) I miss them both!!

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd give you a quick update.

We left hospital on Sunday but due to a series of mess ups on the hospital's part, we ended up being re-admitted on Tuesday.

The hospital didn't give me my medications for my stitches, they missed 2 doses whilst we were in and didn't give me the medicines to take home. I ended up getting an infection and have been in agony with it. It is slowly getting better, but I'm still in a fair bit of pain.

I wasn't shown how to breast feed correctly, and when I asked for help, the staff didn't really want to help. Consequently Poppy didn't get enough food and lost more weight than she should have, so when we went back in, she was put on a feeding routine, and has to be topped up with formula to make sure she's getting enough. Thankfully my milk is coming in a lot better and I can feed her for longer now. We have to feed her every 3 hours at the moment, but by day 10 we can be more led by her when she wants feeding.

All of this was only picked up cos I went to the local birthing unit to see what was wrong. I didn't get the midwife home visit I should have had the day after we came out, again due to the hospital not sorting it out for me.

I'm just glad we're both home, with a very happy baby, and am enjoying being a mummy (although the night feeds are so difficult!)

Sheesh what a mess! Soo sorry you're in pain with the stitches. I've been there...I am glad you're home now and Poppy (what a gorgeous name!!) is getting the nutrition she needs.

Congrats MissSazra! Sorry you had a tough time of it. I hope things are more sorted out now. Breastfeeding is tough at the beginning (it was for me anyways...) but hang in there, it will get easier!

How's everyone else doing?

We've hit a little bump in the road also. I have already got my period back on Aoife's 4 month birthday. It is really affecting my milk supply so I've had to get a prescription for domperidone to increase supply. Fingers crossed it works, cuz I went from having an extremely happy baby to a quite hungry one!

Thanks rducky!

I hope you manage to get back on track with the feeding. I'm now managing to express 60ml per 20 minute session, which is a big improvement but still not enough. I still think Poppy's having trouble latching sometimes, it's so hard when you can't see if the milk's coming or not, or how much she's getting. She's still having the formula top ups, and is gaining a steady weight, but not vast amounts. She sees the health visitor again on Monday to be weighed so hopefully she'll have put on a good amount.

She also has colic according to the health visitor, so we're trying to deal with that the best we can. It does mean lots of mummy cuddles though, and she seems to soothe a lot quicker than she did, so hopefully it's sorting itself out as she gets used to the combination feeding.

As for me, I now have an infection in my uterus, so have been given another week's worth of tablets. It all came on 2 days ago, dizziness, stomach pains and a high temperature. I can tell you, I was freaking out a fair bit, but the tablets seem to have calmed it down, so hopefully after the week I'll be a lot better.

I have to say, the pain of childbirth was nothing compared to all this we've been through. I told Sam I'd happily have another as I could just about cope with the pain of it again, but then after all this horrible pain and problems I've been having, I changed my mind. I hope in time, I'll gain some perspective and realise that I can do it all again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->