TTC - First timer. Looking for advice.

sskinner91

Reaction score
I'm new to ttc... My fiancé and I decided we would like to try. I'm 29 and would like any tips/advice that would help us achieve a baby. I would love to learn some tricks that may increase our chances. O:)

Hi and welcome to BabyandBump. Good luck :)

Hello and welcome.

I would say if you're just starting out then try to have fun and enjoy being with each other, let's face it most people conceive by accident when they're not particularly trying. It's very easy to get caught up in temping and ovulation predictor kits (OPK's), and when to have intercourse, if you find after a few months you're not pregnant then these are all helpful tools - but it can all be quite stressful and can suck the joy out of the experience, especially if it's not needed. Very good luck to you.

Welcome! I agree with what Rags said - try not to stress about it right away. You can see if you’re ovulating without strips - most people have what we call EWCM (egg white cervical mucus) and it’s the best natural predictor of ovulation. If you ever notice discharge when you’re going to the bathroom that looks like egg whites (so a clear colour and super stretchy), you are likely fertile! So make sure to have sex when you see that discharge. Most people have it for at least a few days every month.

Also - there is no dignity on this site :rofl: we talk about all the nasty stuff happening with our bodies haha. Good luck!

I agree with the others to an extent, But I actually also think that ttc is a great time to get better “in touch” with what’s going on in your body across your cycle. I know so much more about my own body now after 3 babies tha I did when ttc no1! So now I can pretty much say when I’m ovulating even though my cycles are irregular, just because I know what my own signs are (for me it’s sore nipples when breastfeeding, ewcm, spots and pain in my abdomen).

So over the next few cycles just take note of what’s happening. You can log it in a fertility app which may help you gain some insights that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->