TTC for 3 years with PCOS..what to ask doctor

kenziesmommy

mom of 1 and expecting
Reaction score
Ok pretty much here is my story...I was on BCP for about a year before my husband and I met and started trying for a baby I went off of them and BAM the next month I was pregnant, keep in mind then I had absolutely no problems with my periods always came on time and every month. I had a decent pregnancy until towards the end I got preeclampsia they induced me at 36 weeks I had a healthy 4lb 12oz baby girl.....I bled after I had her of course and no periods after and I was not breastfeeding after 3 months I called my doctor he said you are just overweight lose some weight and things will get better (mind you then I was 160lbs at 5'4 not horrible) after that I kept gaining and gaining weight and no periods this went on for a year and 75lbs later I started asking my GP about what may be going on she did some tests didn't really find anything until i suggest i may have PCOS and she looked into it more and said all my test results pointed to it as well as my cysts on my ovaries ( I only came across the idea of it because when i was 17 I had a large cysts burst and had to have surgery for it) well she started me on progesterone once in a while to get periods I would not start even with the progesterone so she admitted she didnt know much about pcos and referred me to a OB/GYN that had some experience in it and well thats about where I am now. We have been trying on our own since my daughter was about 6months old so about 3 years now, in that three years I have had maybe 5 periods, well a week ago I got a BFP what a shock! so i called the new ob (whom i hadnt seen yet) and she scheduled me to come in wednesday 5/12 for bloodwork....but a few days ago I took another pregnancy test just to see if the line got darker and no line whatsoever not even a hint of it so i took one every morning since different brands and still BFN's so I am assuming it was probably a chemical or the first test was wrong I am still going for my bloodwork wednesday I just wanted to know if you guys had any insight in what I should be asking my DR. The only medicine I have been on is met and progesterone. What should I be looking for on my bloodwork? and well i dont know i am just confused and kind of new to "actively" TTC with the help of meds or charting or anything just wanted to know if you guys had any insight thank you in advance...

(sorry so long)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->