TTC has messed up my entire cycle?

Kayere

Reaction score
The hubby and i are TTC our first child together, we have 3 boys between the two of us from previous relationships and have agreed to try and that this will be our last kid.

I have been tracking my cycle for months waiting on the okay we are in a good position now for this from him. I tracked it for months and it was a steady 26 day cycle, 5 day period, every month without fail. We were not using any birth control other than condoms so there were no hormones in my system to make my period steady.

We started trying last month/last cycle. Now everything has gone batty and my baby box is confused :(. My last cycle turned in a 31 day cycle and a 6 day period. That was a rough 5 days of being late and getting negative tests.

This cycle my ovulation day is Friday (tomorrow according to my tracking app which may very well be messed up after the last insane cycle) so we've had sex everyday this last week. This morning I started bleeding. Like soak through the sheets, he has to take a shower, went through a panty liner in an hour, bleeding. It's bright bright red, like I cut my arm, not dark like I'm starting my period.

I'm so frustrated that I tracked and planned and made everything perfect for this to be an easy experience and now my body is going insane and I have no clue what is going on. Is anyone else in this boat or had this happen?

I feel like I wasted months tracking for every effort to be thrown away :/

Yep, I feel like my cycles went completely insane when I first started TTC too! This cycle seems to have started out well, so I think I'm finally back to normal.... several cycles later... lol

Hopefully it won't take me several cycles but I am so glad someone else is like omg what is going on?

The bleeding happened during sex so I had to inform the hubby we had to do it again tomorrow when hopefully it's my ovulation day... he seemed so thrilled to have to possibly deal with that mess again *eye roll*

We only have 5 cycles left this year... then 6 next year. If it doesn't happen in that time for us we have agreed that it wasn't ment to happen.

I'm trying not to stress out that from may to october may not be a long enough period of time for my body to adjust to ttc and let me track it correctly.

How long have you been trying?

We started trying in November. I'm on my 9th cycle now. I definitely thought it would happen right away, and it definitely didn't.

I thought it would happen our first cycle and that it wouldn't be a big deal. I have two kids from past relationships and he has one. All 3 were through different forms of birth control and unplanned. I'm trying not to think about how we may have with 3 amazing kids(that we are 100% grateful for) with the wrong people who use those kids like tools so we are always missing out on something for someone... but we just may not be able to have a child with the right person. We are a family either way but not having it happen the first month stings.

Will all these attempts lead to your first child or do you have others also?

Trying for my 1st. I'm beginning to worry it may never happen and that I may never get to be a mom. I always imagined that I would have kids, so its hard to envision a different life for myself

I hope you will get lucky and get your bfp right away

You still have 3 more cycles before it's been outside of a normal healthy couple range really. Most couples take 6 months to a year. And your cycle messing up probably prolonged that. I bet it'll happen if your cycle stays steady and you can track it correctly. Plus you still have plenty of time to make it happen. I bet you will get a positive soon!

3 more cycles to try doesn't sound very encouraging haha, and according to the stats here

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/age_fertility_calculator.php

Over 80% of people my age would by pregnant by now. Knowing that your chance of pregnancy goes does every cycle you try also doesn't make me feel better.

But it's a rainy day here and I just want to rant.

DH and I have both made some serious lifestyle changes, so hopefully that will help. I think thats why my chart seems to be smoothing out now

Well it looks like according to that I have a one in 5 chance which means I MIGHT get pregnant during this year and might on the next year. That calculator is horrible lol. Just stressed me out more and now I feel like I should be doing the stuff some other people are mentioning. Life style changes help. I quit smoking about 6 months ago for this. Started taking vitamins a month before he said yes. I set up everything perfectly just in case it happened on the first try lol.

Ranting about it is always good. Better than just thinking it all and never saying it.

It is a horrible calculator and definitely made me feel worse haha. It sounds like you are starting things off on the right foot, so you should be okay!

I think it's stress that does this to us - I've heard of lots of people that had clockwork cycles that wack out when TTC starts. Hopefully it will sort itself out x

That's very possible Betty! I think I over indulged in bad habits and would justify it by saying I would have to quit when pregnant. Of course I assumed that it would happen a lot faster

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->