TTC..hoping for Twins :D

Sweetness29

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone starting to ttc in August..would love to share the experience with you all.. and here's hoping for twins.. even though i'll be crazy excited just to get a BFP..

Cool, do twins run in your family or are you on treatment?

I'm on clomid and the chances of twins/multiples is increased because of it.

Twins would be so sweet. My husband thinks I'm crazy but I love the twins in my family. It would be nice to snuggle my own. <3 As long as one of them is a girl! Haha. We really want a little princess this time around.

i do have twins in my family on my father's side.. my cousin has twin girls.. im gonna try soy iso.. read that its worked for some people.. maybe clomid.. not decided yet..

my husband thinks im crazy too but he's going along with it.. im hoping for either two boys or two girls.. it would be perfect.. :)

I have always wanted twins since I was a kid. When I was really young I always wished I had a twin myself. I think it came from being really good friends with twins at school (who were really close) and as I only ever had brothers and here were a pair of super close twin sisters, it made it seem amazing to me.

As I grew up I changed to wanting twins, I don't know why. Twins do run in my mother's side of the family in each generation with most recently my cousin (who was a twin herself) having twins last year. So that increases my chances. I'm still breastfeeding, which increases your chances to 12%. I'm also tall and this will be my fourth pregnancy. All factors that increase chances. I'm not holding my breath though :haha: My dream would be to have fraternal boy/girl twins to bring our family up to two girls and two boys.

I took soy when we were TTC our daughter, not specifically to conceive twins, but because my ovulation was irregular and getting later each cycle and I'd heard soy could help - it did, I ovulated on CD13, but no twins.

I wouldn't take clomid unless prescribed, it can really mess up your cycles if they are normal and give you terrible cysts as well.

I thought that twins sounded fun until I realized all the increased risks and I most likely wouldn't carry multiples to term . now one healthy baby sounds better to me. best of luck to you!.

You should never have to worry about judging here! It's never anyone's business to tell you what to do with your family. :) I think that's the best part of this community. Being able to speak your mind when you feel like you can't with others in your personal life.

As someone stuck on Clomid- I recommend that you stay far away from it. Haha. It makes me so sick. It never hurts to google other methods though!

I hope that you get a bfp soon <3

The thought of taking clomid had been worrying me. I guess I'll just stick with soy and see how it goes. Waiting for AF so i can start. Due next week.

Squirrel i hope you get your boy/girl twin. I too dream of two boys and two girls but dont have any yet. :(

SweetTart thanks for all the encouragement. :)
I wonder where you guys are in your cycle. Lots of baby dust to all. :*

You are very welcome! We women have to stick together and keep our spirits up in this trying time!

I am on cd11 right now. I have no clue when I'll ovulate as it has never been predictable for me. I'm expecting some time after cd17 though. However, the husband and I are on an every other day schedule just in case. It's working out pretty well so far but I think that's mostly because we were taking a break from TTC last month so he got much needed rest. Haha.

Haha I think twins are cool too but my friends (who know parents of twins) have told me that twins are extremely taxing on the mom, not only during pregnancy but afterwards. DH has an identical twin brother but I've heard identical twins don't run in the family but his relatives also have a twin so who knows!! I've definitely had dreams of having twin girls before :cloud9:

I do think that if I get twins, I'd be done with kids. I want two kids anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->