TTC how long does it take?

RaeEW89

Waiting on my little girl
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so Im kinda just looking for some answers. My boyfriend and I are both considered very fertile b/c of our ages, but Im just wondering how long it really takes on average to conceive. We have just started trying this month and we had sex everyday this week(I ovulated yesterday) Is the chance that im pregnant high or low because we just started trying? I havent been on any kind of birth control so I know that I dont have any excess hormones or anything. But Im really just wondering how long it takes to conceive.

I started TTC at 21, apparantley very fertile right?

I did concieve 3 months after taking the pill, and it took from then (May 2008 to Jan 2009) to now, to actually get this far.

The general concensus is, it can happen straight away, and with others, it can take a while. If you have no luck by 1 year, you should see the GP for some advice, but I wouldt rush and stress yourself - take things as they come as stress will only prolong it happening.

From what I have read it just really varies. Some people take years but then others get pregnant in their first month of trying.
I am sure someone will be along soon with the actual statistics.
Good luck TCC, hope it happens quickly for you!

In all honesty i think its more like how long is a peice of string. Theres girls on here who conceive by accident, on their 1st,2nd, 3rd month trying, to a year, 2 yrs+ these are all women of different ages, weights, backgrounds, i think theres no real given timescale other than it will just happen! Im sure there are proper statistics on it but you can never really tell.

I'm almost 31 and DH is 37 and we conceived both times on our 3rd cycle trying!

good luck!

https://www.womens-health.co.uk/infertility2.asp

Even for a healthy, fertile couple, the 'per month' success rate is around 15-20%, so it is not at all uncommon for it to take some months to conceive. Overall, around 70% of couples will have conceived by 6 months, 85% by 12 months and 95% will be pregnant after 2 years of trying.

Hope that helps, good luck and babydust! :dust:

Thank you everybody. Especially Lilaala after reading that I can see that it probably wont take us too long, but it reassured me that even if it does take awhile it doesnt mean somethings wrong.

We took 10 months the first time round and 17 months the second time. x

We got lucky acnd conceived 1st cycle, but we are only newly pregnant so we are keeping out fingers crossed that it sticks

I'm 36 and got preggo at 35 1st month trying (sadly ended in MC) now i have been trying for 15cycles with no luck - you just don't know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->