TTC Hypothyroidism - Success stories

Hopeful.89

1DS + Pregnant!
Reaction score
Hi All!

After 13 months of TTC my GP has discovered my lazy thyroid. I am not out of "normal" range (.05-5) but ideally to conceive thyroid level should be between 1-2, mine is currents 3.2, I am hoping for some success stories to keep my spirits up after waiting so long to conceive our first or tips for conceiving while Hypo!

Currently on a low dose of Synthroid 25mcg.

Thank you,

Hi! I am also TTC while hypo. Have you had your levels re-checked since you started synthroid? Having the correct dose can make the world of difference. I have been on it for a year now, after having been misdiagnosed for nearly 2 years. My initial dose was 75mcg, and I am now up to 150mcg daily. We've been ttc for 6 months now with no success, so I'm going to get my levels checked once again to see if that might be the problem.

Good luck!

Hi Chrissy05 Thank you for your response!

I was only just diagnosed last Wednesday, I have a follow up appointment on the 29th with my doctor to discuss if mood/energy/etc have improved and then May 4th (3 weeks on Synthroid) I am having blood test done again. - Although I have heard it can take up to 6 weeks to show on the blood test. It would be nice if we hit the correct dosage right off the bat - in a perfect world of course.

:babydust:

Hello! I have hypothyroidism as well. I actually had my thyroid removed in August of '13. I still haven't conceived successfully but I believe that is due to my PCOS, not my thyroid.

I did get pregnant once, but it ended up being ectopic. So, I know it is possible despite my PCOS and hypo/lack of thyroid.

Hi Ladies,

I just thought I would update!

My original Thyroid level was 3.5 (slightly hypo low end) after 3 weeks on Synthroid 25Mcg my level was down to 1.5. On May 20th I got my BFP!!! (5 weeks after starting synthroid) After 15 cycles. :) There is hope for us hypo's. I conceived roughly 3 weeks to one month after starting synthroid. And I felt ovulation on my left side for the first time ever that cycle!

Good luck ladies. Baby Dust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"