TTC immediately after a chemical pregnancy

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
Last week I had an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy (I was 5w5d pregnant). I'd like to start TTC right away but keep reading conflicting advice on the subject. My doctor said to wait a cycle but only for dating purposes and if I wanted to start right away to go for it. Am I more likely to mc again if I conceive again before getting my period? Some say yes, some say no. Has anyone here gotten pregnant right after and had a successful pregnancy?

Sorry for your loss hun. I would wait a cycle. That's just personal preference though since I tried right after and was all screwed up with my hcg levels, didn't realize there was some remaining tissue and it took months to figure out. But I've heard things from women who have had healthy babies without trying again right after. Whatever feels right for you is what you should go with. My last mc was back in February and I am just now starting to try again after this cycle so it's been a long excruciating wait.

I am so sorry you lost your little poppyseed :( I don't think you're more likely to lose another baby if you tried again but maybe wait one cycle just to be safe. Good luck lady.

Sorry for your loss, I have had two chemical pregnancies and we TTC again right after , I did not get pregnant again for years after but I have heard of women getting pregnant right after a chemical and still having healthy babys.

Thanks girls. After some thought I've decided to try right away because if I got pregnant I would be due in March, which would be prefect as OH is a teacher and gets Spring Break then (I know, silly reason, but would be nice to have him home for a bit at first!). I haven't seen any real reason to hold off after such an early reason, other than to make dating easier, but I temp and use OPK's so that should be easy anyway. I guess I just have to trust that if my body isn't ready it will just to get pregnant?

Lisa did it take you a long time to get pregnant with your chemicals? That's too and it took you so long to get pregnant after! Must have been very frustrating.

My BFP's are several years apart because my DH has slightly low sperm count.
If your DH has normal sperm count then you wont take as long as I do to get pregnant and I also read your more fertile after a chemical pregnancy, good luck.:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->