TTC in Glasgow.

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
me and my partner have been TTC for almost 3years now, 10months fertility treatment, we are from Glasgow. would love to meet other TTC'ers

Hey; I'm pretty near Glasgow, I'm in Renfrew.
We're waiting for IVF & the wait is driving me mad!

Good to meet another Scottish TTCer!

hey hun how long you been TTC? how long you been waiting on ivf? we done 6cycles of clomid but ended in ectopic so back on monday to see whats next, not sure what we will be offered been really confused....

Well we were NTNP for abot 18 months before I started using the CBFM in August. Went to GP in Jan & found out in March we would need IVF.

We're pretty lucky cause my parents have offered to pay for private IVF; we went to the RAH in Paisley to see the FS & she told us the NHS waiting list was 2 years!!!

We're still waiting for blood tests to come back & a urology appointment for DH, then we've to go back to the RAH in June to see what happens next; hopefully we'll be able to go for IVF in sumer but don't know if we'll need more tests or what!

Have you had lots of tests done yourself? They all seem to take forever!

Good luck for Monday by the way, hope you get some answers on what to do next.

yeah had loads of tests from fertility genetic etc we have had more blood taken than i think we even have in our whole body they often take between 6 and 12viles of blood which can be very taxing, i have a needle phobia but believe it or not all these bloody tests have helped a little cause i have become slightly used to it.

its good you were offered this so quickly, and that your in laws are going to pay for IVF which is a good thing, we have tried clomid but not had any luck not sure what will be next tbh.

Hello, not sure if im what youre looking for :blush: but I live in Glasgow and we were ttc for 3 years. Got pregnant on our second IUI.
Were not ttc atm, but wtt.

awww congrats on getting pregnant your little one is very cute, are you guys going straight to iui again? what were the reasons u had to use iui in the end?

We dont know what our options are for next time, NHS wont do IUI again as the requirements to qualify is to have no children.
We just came under unexplained infertility, and there was no other "help" options other than IUI.

sorry to hear hun thats sooo werid, shame you wont get it, i have a little boy and been told i might be offered iui and IVF in the future but not at the moment... not sure why that is considering i have a wee boy. although our consultant said IVF would more thn likely be pointless for us. we considered doing IUI cause its alot cheper than IVF going to sve for both i think.

Sadly we couldnt afford private, i guess if it came to it we would just carry on as ntnp and hope.
Were not ttc for a while yet, probably when Alex is 2.5/3 yrs old. See how we go etc and if we need to go down the investigations route again. I try not to think about it much and if i do i keep hope in that pregnancy can *fix* things and help for next time.

yeah understand hun i am dreading having a pay for IVF if we are ever even offered it.

hey all just wanted to check in see how all my scottish buddies are doing?

Im in Glasgow, currently on a break from TTC after 2 mc in quick succession. :hi:

huge hugs on your losses hun :( can relate, its not nice hope you get your :bfp: asap x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->