TTC irregular cycles/short LP

clpslp

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been a lurker of this site for over 2 years now. I conceived my first through charting/OPK use...prior to that I had regular 28 day cycles, I was on oral contraceptives but had no trouble weaning off of them and conceiving. After my first I had some bleeding complications and we tried a number of different contraceptives, I had the Mirena IUD (removed Oct 2015) and 2 shots of Depo Provera (last depo shot was September 2014). After the IUD, my cycles never quite returned to normal (which, I understand, can take many months for some).

The last 4 months I've had 24-26 day cycles. I have been using OPKs and my positives are never "strong" (i.e. close to but never as dark as or darker than control line). If I consider my darkest result a positive, according to my temps/opks, I ovulated around the 18th day of my cycle. I am now on CD 28, (about 10 dpo) and so technically I've "missed" my period, but I'm still testing negative, and from what I understand, 10 dpo can still be considered semi-early?

Long story (not so) short...any ladies have a short luteal phase and conceive successfully? If so, when did you get your BFP? I feel like it can be misleading when on the box it advertises "Test up to 6 days before your missed period!" (Yes, I know that the accuracy that early is approximately 30% or so...but its just laughable because for me, would've been 4 dpo lol).

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I don't have my hopes up. I have a terrible backache and cramps, but, I am grasping at straws!

-C

Update- got my BFP on 11dpo with FRER using SMU. Just wanted to update for any lurkers like me who may have read this thread :)

Thanks for posting this! I have a short lp and your story gives me hope :flower:

Congrats and happy and healthy 9mons!!!

Congrats! The test as early as 6 days before is definitely based on what they deem is the 'normal' luteal phase- ie 14 days so 8dpo. That's really the earliest anyone could hope for in getting a BFP I think.
Annoyingly misleading though for those with LP on the shorter side. Mine goes between 10 and 12.
Congrats again in your BFP!

congratulations, I have just rejoined the world of ttc and seen this post and was going to say that I had a short LP when I conceived my last baby so it's very possible depending on how short it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->