TTC - Missed period, irregular periods & big fat negs!

gisellenewman

Reaction score
I am 29 years of age and went off the pill in January and immediately got my first period on January 3rd. My husband and I are TTC.

35 days later, I got my second period on February 7th.

Now it's been 6 weeks and no period and definitely no pregnancy (according to several pregnancy tests from different brands).

I've been very stressed out lately (for several factors outside of my control in both family, friends and workplace) and I'm still within the first couple of months coming off the pill, so I understand the irregularity.

My question - after researching this a little bit, it sounds like at the 6 month mark, the period is considered "missed" and not "late."

Does that mean the cycle starts over now and in 14 days I can start taking ovulation tests again? Or does it mean that I have to wait until the period comes and then I can begin the process of checking my ovulation again? These tests are so expensive, I hate to waste them, but I would like to get started trying as soon as possible, and also know when I can begin to test pregnancy again.

Obviously, I realize it's still very early and that this isn't necessarily a difficulty that is abnormal especially coming off the pill and in the first few months of trying. That being said, I would like to begin the ovulation testing with the kids that I have purchased and knowing when to expect my period is important to me too.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

if you have the tests, I would say keep testing. you could essentially ovulate at any point and you dont want to miss it!

When you came off the pill in January, your "first cycle" was an artificial cycle produced by your pills. Your actual first one was the one in February.

It does look like that your body is already adjusting to goi back to normal, but that depends on how long you were on the pill for, your weight etc.

You won't get a constant regular period every month for the first year because of the hormone decrease/increase (depends if you have pcos).

In regards to late or missed, I wouldn't know but I would say its late. I didn't have a period for 11 months! Then got an induced one to clear me out so to say then a further 6 months till being induced again for clomid. It was only in December last year I got my first natural period after losing weight. That's 2 years after the pill and 9 years after my actual last natural period.

I do blame the pill for a lot of things, but you seem to be doing ok, you may get bleeding in next few weeks or so.

Instead of wasting opks temp your bbt instead. I found it helpful when I didn't know what my body was doing xxx

my cycles have been the same. came off BC in novemeber last year.
your 'first cycle' as someone else rightly said, was not a period, it was a withdrawel bleed. were you on the pill?

It is so upsetting and worrying when this happens, ive had very long gaps inbetween cycles but they are improving with time

talk to yuor doctor and ease your mind
but you are fine , it just takes a while for hormones to leave your body

xx

I came off the pill beginning on February had my artificial period and now 7weeks on still no period and negative tests it's so annoying I just want a period.
No u don't stay again u could ovulate at any time now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"